Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

2560x1440 gaming need help

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gtx
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 12, 2013 1:15:54 AM

I'm thinking of buying a 2560x1440 27" monitor to game.Now i have only one gtx 560 ti hawk but now that the gtx 560 ti's are so cheap im going to buy another one and sli them.What i want to know is if the gtx 560 ti in sli will let me play crysis 3 and BF3 on max setting at 2560x1440.

pc spce:
HAF 912
msi gtx 560 ti hawk
ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
i5-2500K overclock to 4.5ghz
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB
Western Digital WD Blue 500g
CORSAIR Hydro Series H60
RAZER Naga Molten
win 7 64-bit
Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard
HP 20' hd ready lcd monitor
Thermaltake TR2 600w

More about : 2560x1440 gaming

a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 1:20:46 AM

I have same monitor res but different GPUs. I think you might want to sell your card and upgrade to a GTX 670 or HD 7970 and OC either one you get. 560ti don't have enough vRAM to max out games like crysis 3 or BF3. So, save yourself some headaches and get either one of those cards I suggested. Cheers!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 1:21:13 AM

yeah, you'll be able to run all high+ detail on a single screen with 2560*1440 as NVIDIA say the only thing off at 1600p is the motion blur and 1440p is lower so you'll surely be able to activate it...

http://www.geforce.com/optimize/optimal-game-settings/B...

However remember than a 560ti sli is the same as a single 660ti so for 140$ for an old 560ti, i would personnaly sell my 560ti and buy something new...
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 1:29:59 AM

Gaming on extreme resolutions, I don't think even two GTX 560 Ti's in SLI will do the job. Might as well sell your current card, and get a HD 7970.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 1:43:30 AM

spawnkiller said:
yeah, you'll be able to run all high+ detail on a single screen with 2560*1440 as NVIDIA say the only thing off at 1600p is the motion blur and 1440p is lower so you'll surely be able to activate it...

http://www.geforce.com/optimize/optimal-game-settings/B...

However remember than a 560ti sli is the same as a single 660ti so for 140$ for an old 560ti, i would personnaly sell my 560ti and buy something new...


He will not be able to play at that resolution with maxed settings at all. Not a chance.
m
0
l
February 12, 2013 2:02:16 AM

No way two 560's in SLI can run everything on max at 2560x1440...


I am currently running a GTX670 (oc'd slightly) and a i5-3570K (oc'd to 4.5GhZ) and can not run FarCry3 at anything near max settings on my 2560x1400... I'm pretty sure Crysis3 will be more demanding so i would say get at least 2 670's in SLI if you want max settings at that resolution...


Good Luck!
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 2:11:15 AM

As others have said, if you want to crank up the details at 2560x1440, your best bet would be to sell your current GTX560ti and get either the GTX670 or Radeon HD7970. If you'd like to save some money, get an HD7950 and overclock it. You'll easily have a card that surpasses the GTX670 or HD7970.

If you want to max demanding games at that res, you'll need at least 2 GPUs (maybe 2 HD7950s or 2 GTX670s).
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 2:11:18 AM

Sorry, but I cannot imagine Crysis 3 being anymore demanding than Farcry 3.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 2:18:27 AM

helper800 said:
Sorry, but I cannot imagine Crysis 3 being anymore demanding than Farcry 3.


Resolution and game settings matter. He wants to max out both BF3 and Crysis 3 so yes, it will be demanding beyond Far Cry 3.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 2:21:07 AM

Farcry 3 maxed out vs Crysis 3 maxed out vs BF3 maxed out on a 2560x1440 monitor Farcry 3 will be the lowest fps meaning it is more demanding.
m
0
l
February 12, 2013 3:11:08 AM

after looking around and looking at some benchmarks im now thinking of buying a gtx 660(non ti) and sli them,only b/c for one they can beat a gtx 680 and are cheaper then a gtx 680 the gtx 660 will be $380 for both after After Rebate and the cheapest gtx 680 is $460+tax is $494.So by going sli gtx 660 i will save $114 and still getting more out of my money.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 3:14:45 AM

pcxgame88 said:
after looking around and looking at some benchmarks im now thinking of buying a gtx 660(non ti) and sli them,only b/c for one they can beat a gtx 680 and are cheaper then a gtx 680 the gtx 660 will be $380 for both after After Rebate and the cheapest gtx 680 is $460+tax is $494.So by going sli gtx 660 i will save $114 and still getting more out of my money.


That could be a good idea, but you do realize that not all games scale well in SLI, right? Some games are terrible at scaling that, just say for an example, that one GTX 660 will play a game at 75 FPS, and two GTX 660s at 90 FPS. Plus, there's a possibility of micro-shutting. You don't want that in games. Very disturbing of your game-play.
m
0
l
!