Sign in with
Your question

GPU on 99% USAGE WHEN JAVA ENABLED

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 12, 2013 1:39:25 AM

Hello there,

I find myself in quite a situation here. Since few days my video card started working on 99% even without nothing started (any game or 3d studio max).

The GPU is : Sapphire HD 7950 (not bad card at all in my opinion)

I do have the latest drivers for it and also tried to go back to previous version, but without any luck. The problem only occur when Java is installed on the computer. As soon as I uninstall Java everything is back to normal. If anyone have some suggestions please do share. I would like to keep using java, but currently I can't with this problem.

More about : gpu usage java enabled

February 12, 2013 1:43:57 AM

there where some virus lately that came with java app on the net i would do a full virus scan without network .
February 12, 2013 1:35:18 PM

I've checked with Avast full scan and Spybot S&D, but both found nothing at all. Any other suggestions are welcomed as well (The problem still exist)
Related resources
February 12, 2013 3:20:02 PM

scout_03 said:
you could try malwarebytes free for spyware that spybot could have miss http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000...

Thanks a lot Scout_03.

Malwarebytes found Trojan.Agent called java_u.jar after removing that and installing Java again the GPU works normal. Huge thanks for the help !!!
February 12, 2013 3:26:03 PM

it was a pleasure to help you,found that for java by reading new on tom's hardware so you could suscribe ot newletter it's free .
!