Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Should I go dual monitors?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 12, 2013 3:51:11 AM

So the as the title says, should I get a second monitor? I don't know yet what my purpose is :D  , but it's kinda cool. I heard that it would look weird for gaming since the cross hair will be in the middle (triple monitors would be perfect but I don't have enough space on my desk for 3). I also know that while gaming full screen on one monitor, you actually have to crtl+tab in order to get control over the other screen. So anyway, what are the benefits of running two monitors? Or should I wait for something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAGOQhCPTy8&list=PL8mG-R...
Thanks you in advance :ange: 

P.s. my specs are in the signature

More about : dual monitors

February 12, 2013 4:01:12 AM

2 monitors are basically good for gaming and then using the other one for the wiki or something.

Also good as workspace with design and digital art.

Or you can play 2 turn based games at once if thats your thing.

m
l
Related resources

Best solution

February 13, 2013 12:26:56 PM

Adding a second monitor was the best decision I ever made to the computer setup. I can't stand my friends single monitor display because it just feels so hard and slow now.

For everyday use it allow's me to surf the web much easier, can have more tabs open at a time and also see and read more, I also like to watch Youtube videos or look through my music while doing something else. It just gives you the freedom to look at more things at once.

For gaming I still use the 1 monitor. I use my second monitor for the gaming assignments and tasks I need to complete during the game but are easily forgettable. (can always look over and see what needs to be done without leaving the game)
Again ill also have Facebook and other tabs open on the second monitor while gaming.

And instead of closing or minimizing tabs you don't want or you know you will need at a later time you can move them onto the other monitor for later use, freeing up room on your taskbar.

I'm getting my 3rd monitor next week and can't wait :) 
February 13, 2013 3:16:46 PM

pringlcj said:
Adding a second monitor was the best decision I ever made to the computer setup. I can't stand my friends single monitor display because it just feels so hard and slow now.

For everyday use it allow's me to surf the web much easier, can have more tabs open at a time and also see and read more, I also like to watch Youtube videos or look through my music while doing something else. It just gives you the freedom to look at more things at once.

For gaming I still use the 1 monitor. I use my second monitor for the gaming assignments and tasks I need to complete during the game but are easily forgettable. (can always look over and see what needs to be done without leaving the game)
Again ill also have Facebook and other tabs open on the second monitor while gaming.

And instead of closing or minimizing tabs you don't want or you know you will need at a later time you can move them onto the other monitor for later use, freeing up room on your taskbar.

I'm getting my 3rd monitor next week and can't wait :) 

I got the 2nd one today, need to get used to it :pt1cable:  . Too sad I don't have enough space on my desk for a 3rd one, I would need a stand like the ones I posted above. However, I think I would'n need a 3rd monitor though, I'm not a programmer or something :ange: 
m
l
February 18, 2013 3:43:04 AM

Best answer selected by LeoMatrix.
m
l
!