Can my PSU run GTX 680 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Whoever told you that needs to get fired. Your PSU is more than enough to run a single GTX 680. The power requirement for GTX 680 is at least 550W so you are above and beyond. If you feel unsure, depending on where you are, try and grab the Corsair AX850 Gold+ it seems to be on sale everywhere and it's a beast of CPU! Heck grab the 750 and run with it!

Hoyhoy

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Thanks for your help bishopi5!

Does that mean that my PSU is acutally providing the graphic card with 72 Ambs? (12V1+12V2+12V3+12V4) combined as shown in the diagram in the above link?

The computer store guy told me that my PSU 12v is only providing 18 Ambs which is not enough to power the GTX680. That is why I got very confused !
And if I go with this current PSU I might damage the VGA or encounter sudden shutdown due to low Ambs supplied to the VGA!

Please advise, thanks.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
Whoever told you that needs to get fired. Your PSU is more than enough to run a single GTX 680. The power requirement for GTX 680 is at least 550W so you are above and beyond. If you feel unsure, depending on where you are, try and grab the Corsair AX850 Gold+ it seems to be on sale everywhere and it's a beast of CPU! Heck grab the 750 and run with it!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.