BTOD with gtx 670

Caiden

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Hey guys sorry if i sound like a noob when asksing for help. I received my new "gaming" computer yesterday, after endless hours installing windows 7, I installed the drivers for my EVGA GTX 670, after doing so i get nothing but the BSOD error code: Stop: 0x00000124. I don't know if the graphics card is the problem or something else. I'd greatly appreciate any help.
Thank-you :)

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
Uninstall the drivers and take the card out. Run windows update install all the updates. Then put the card back in and make sure all the wires are tight and properly connected then install the current drivers from nvidia since windows tend to install the old ones. You should be fine from there.

Caiden

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Thank-you for the quick reply! How would i go about uninstalling the drivers?
Finally, I don't know for certain the graphics card is the problem so do you know that's the problem? :) thanks a lot!

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
I had the same issue when I added the second GPU in my system and I had to pretty much end up doing a clean install that resulted in a working GPU. So go to star>control panel> unistall program> look for nvidia driver and unistall. Turn off your PC. Remove the card. Plug the video cable to the motherboard. Turn on your PC, run windows update until you get the latest updates available. Install your card make sure the cables are done properly. Go to www.nvidia.com and find their drivers for your card, don't get the beta edition get the 310.90 and go from there. You should be fine afterwards!

Caiden

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

Thanks soo much for the help, attempting fix now:D

Caiden

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013

BSOD (same error) Whilst installing updates do you have any IM service? I understand if you don't want too :)

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
I don't have one bud. Last time I used one was 4 years ago.

Let's do this all over again. What make is your PC. I need all the info about, CPU, motherboard, RAM, Power Supply, Graphics card maker and where you bought it.

hero1

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
OK. I just checked that out. If what I said failed since that got mine working then you are going to need to do a clean windows installation. Move any data you have and re-install windows 7, make sure everything goes smooth. Then install the drivers for you card. Boot up your PC and do the install from bootup instead of going into windows. Put the DVD or whatever the windows is found on and do a clean install. You shouldn't be having these issues. Also, the store page doesn't show the version or make of your card. So what brand is your card?