HELP: The Best Capture Cards

Peekay

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2001
I have a silly question but I hope you guys can answer...currently I have a Gainward Geforce 2 Ti w/ TV-OUT ... I have found no software that enables me capture stills and video...anywho I had enough playing with that so now I'm looking at actual TV capture cards, I used to have an AVerMedia TV98 card which worked perfectly on my WindowsME system but the drivers are incompatible with the current XP platform I use. Point being is that I'm thinking of just buying a new capture card, so can anyone give me a list of the good capture cards out there that have software bundled with them that will enable me to compress vids and what not?

Thank you.

G

As you are looking for the BEST capture cards on the market for PC, then they are the Pinnacle Targa 3000 and the NewTek video toaster.

The first is bundeled with Adobe Premier 6, commotion 4, HFX silver and Impression SE.
The second one I don't have so I can't comment on it.

And when you will come back to earth and look for a card you can actually afford.......

Intel / AMD - <A HREF="http://www.llnl.gov/asci/news/white_news.html" target="_new">IBM are still the best</A>