Sign in with
Your question

Gtx 660ti poor performance?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 12, 2013 2:45:19 PM

Hey,

I've just purchased the zotac gtx 660ti amp edition to replace my sapphire 6870 and in bf3 in seeing lower fps with the 660 ti than i was getting with the 6870 in the same system my current specs are;

i5 650
8gb ddr3 ram @ 1333hz
gtx 660 ti (amp edition)

Now i think my cpu is bottlenecking the card but would that cause it to give worse performance than my previous card?
a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 2:50:20 PM

Uninstall the previous Radeon driver and the Geforce driver. Install the latest Nvidia driver available from Nvidia's website.

See if that helps.

Also, as you might have suspected, your CPU is bottlenecking the card. If you have a good cooler, I suggest you overclock it.
February 12, 2013 2:53:11 PM

EzioAs said:
Uninstall the previous Radeon driver and the Geforce driver. Install the latest Nvidia driver available from Nvidia's website.

See if that helps.

Also, as you might have suspected, your CPU is bottlenecking the card. If you have a good cooler, I suggest you overclock it.

Already installed all the latest drivers/ uninstalled the Radeon drivers. Can't overclock due to motherboard not supporting it :/ 
Related resources
February 12, 2013 4:08:17 PM

Also if anyone could sugests some cpu's that wouldn't bottleneck this card it would be much apperciated :) 
February 12, 2013 5:56:58 PM

swifty_morgan said:
could have something to do with how much of what each card can render. also not having a quad core doesn't help.

( fast ivy bridge/sandy bridge-1155 socket and board-maybe new ram if what you have isn't proper.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/core_i5_3570k_revi...

Yeah maybe just seems alittle odd i purchased the card on the though that the cpu would be enough to show me a performance increase at least and would only have a slight bottleneck where as it has turned out the 660ti performs worst in bf3/csgo and alittle better in skyrim ^^
!