Sign in with
Your question

CCC 13.1 how to change pixel format?

February 12, 2013 3:10:43 PM

I've run into a problem and I really need some help with this.

I tried to hook up my laptop with a Mobility Radeon 5700 series using an hdmi-hdmi cable to my Philips television.
It seemed to work fine, but after a short (random) time the screen flickers green for a second and afterwards all the colors are distorted horribly.
I looked up my problems and found somebody with my exact issue as well as a solution to the problem (how rare is that?).

The problem is that Philips televisions don't support a pixel format of YCbCr 4:4:4 which apparently is ATI's default.
The solution would be to open CCC and change the pixel format to RGB 4:4:4.
Here is my new problem: I can't seem to find any option to change my pixel format at all.
Now I have the latest mobility radeon drivers (which would be 13.1) and I've tried looking this problem up as well but I can't seem to find a solution.
Could somebody help me change the pixel format so I can connect the TV and my Laptop using the HDMI cable?

(In the thread it tells me to go to Desktops & Displays and click on a triangle inside the monitor to get a configure option but when I go there and click on the triangle I only get the Rotate and Identify options.)

!