Best quad video card for rampage 4 extreme

hi, i have purchased the rampage 4 extreme edition board with the i7 3930k intel chip set, i am looking to run 12 monitors of this setup and was wondering which video card i should use. i have a budget of 200 per card.
13 answers Last reply
More about best quad video card rampage extreme
  1. aaroon said:
    hi, i have purchased the rampage 4 extreme edition board with the i7 3930k intel chip set, i am looking to run 12 monitors of this setup and was wondering which video card i should use. i have a budget of 200 per card.

:o

What?!

OK so Quad-SLI, but a budget of 200 for each card. Why don't you instead use that $800 for 2x670's? It'll be a bit over 800 but not by a whole lot if you shop wisely.
  2. Thinking because he plans to run 3 monitors per GPU. Not sure you can run 6 monitors on a 670. Could be wrong...
  3. J_E_D_70 said:
    Thinking because he plans to run 3 monitors per GPU. Not sure you can run 6 monitors on a 670. Could be wrong...

You're correct but good luck on finding a sub-$200 card that can run a modern game on 3 monitors effectively.
  4. why are you trying to run 12 monitors? What are you using this for?

you can look at a gtx660 that will run 3 monitors each
  5. get 2 7970 they are capable of eyefinity with 6 screens per gpu
  6. I'd bet it's for day trading or some such, not gaming, so don't need to be very powerful. Just needs tri-monitor support. But, I'm totally making up why he needs this.
  7. Nothing needs the horsepower of 4 high end graphic cards and in most cases you will bottleneck your CPU by doing so you would need a higher CPU overclock a i5 3570k at 4.8 ghz or something (just guessing) to cope with the amount of gpu power. I'm curious what he's trying to do as well.
  8. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=eyefinity+6+edition

Buy 2 cards 6 monitor each now you said a buget of $200 but you did state what your limit was on the number of cards. $700 for both cards or you could buy 4 cheaper cards with three monitors attached to each, Don't forget about having a GOOD PSU to power which every solution you go for.
  9. your right it is for trading, i bought 2 7750 thinking i could run 4 off each and re-use my one of my older cards
    ( HIS 5450)to give me a total of 10. so far i have only been able to get 3 monitors working per card 2 dvi and 1 display port to hdmi and the 5450 just sucks power off the board and does nothing. I'm stuck and don't know what to do.
  10. Just get another couple of 7750s and a mobo with 4 PCIe slots. Right? Probably a 1K PSU.
  11. Can you crossfire 4 7750's I'm not sure on that. May be wise just to maybe look towards the sapphire flex cards as they have the ability to span more screens the normal eyefinity.
  12. he does not need crossfire just 12 screens so that does not matter. That said I would suggest all the same cards so just get a few more of the 7750's and go with it.

Thent
  13. Right but he could get 2 decent cards that have the ability to display 6 way eyefinity and then to 12 way eyefinity. I just don't see the logic in loading up 4x 7750's to get 12 screens wise.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Quad Rampage Graphics