690/Titan with physx?

azazil

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hello Again and thank you all for the great advise and knowledge that you guys have shared with me.I how ever have one more question for you guys.

One of two things i am going to do is get a GTX 690 or GTX titan depending on price/availablity of the titan.I already budgeted for a single 690 and since i believe 2 Titans will cost way more and 1 titan will have a bit less power then a 690 the scales are leaning on the 690 side for the moment.In any case in both senarios should i just sell off my old GTS 460 or dedicate it as a physx card?With power of 690/Titan will a physx card even make a difrence at all?Please keep in mind ill be running 3 x 23inch screens.thanks in advance for your advice.regards to all

chaosnod

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
The 460 would probably just hold back the cards you're looking at, I'd sell it. The 690 also only is really using 2gb of memory something to keep in mind with the 3 monitor set up it may hold you back in some games. It may be better for you to SLI 2 680 4gbs or xfire a couple 7970s, than to get a 690.

If the gtx Titan is around the stats it suggest and if the price is right it may be the way to go, but it's all speculation at this point until we see actual reviews. I'm personally waiting till the end of the month to see what happens.

azazil

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
So what you saying is that 2 7970 3gig cards would be a better choice?i wont be able to afford 3 as it would go above the 690 price and 850wat power supply will probely not be enough for 3 aswell . i was also told Nvidia surround was much more stable than eyefinity?

NB: i could afford 3 X 7950 3gig cards or 2 x 670 2 gig cards. the price im getting the 690 works out cheaper that 2 x 680 2gig cards leaving me with pretty much the above options only

azazil

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Ill probely be able to wait for titan if it,s really coming end of this month as people believe but not longer than that.

+1

Titan is rumored to be released on feb 18th. If the rumors are true it should be on par with a GTX690 and sometimes better cause of the triple times more VRAM and the fact it will not have the performance problems that SLI builds have (% of scaling etc etc).

So your 6 day patience might be rewarded :).