How good is the 2GB XFX Radeon HD 7850 DD Black Edition?

Hey there, i've made a few threads lately about graphics card but i keep changing my mind but now i've decided that its either between the

2GB XFX Radeon HD 7850 DD Black Edition


EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Which one of these would perform better maxed out with 1360x768 resolution on the following games?

World of warcraft
Arma 2 Operation arrowhead (for dayz)
Battlefield 3
Crysis 2

I'll be ordering tommorow morning.

my current set up btw is AMD FX6100 3.3GHZ, 8GB RAM DDR3 133mhz, 1TB seagate
Thanks, any reply im grateful for :)

also here is the links for both gcards

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2GB-XFX-Radeon-HD-7850-DD-Black-Edition-5000MHz-GDDR5-28nm-GPU-975MHz-1024-C-/121063132600?pt=UK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item1c2feccdb8

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-GeForce-GDDR5-Graphics-Card/dp/B0099AOD50
25 answers Last reply
More about good radeon 7850 black edition
  1. They are both decent cards. 660 gtx is a little better but costs more.

    The 7850 is the better buy here in the US.

    In your case, I'd get the gtx 660 since you get physx support as well for only 8 more
  2. Azn Cracker said:
    They are both decent cards. 660 gtx is a little better but costs more.

    The 7850 is the better buy here in the US.

    In your case, I'd get the gtx 660 since you get physx support as well for only 8 more


    Thanks for the reply, anyone else think i should get the GTX660?
  3. Hey might as well, thats a pretty good priced 660
  4. burntpizza said:
    Hey might as well, thats a pretty good priced 660


    Thanks again, im thinking i will now, im just hoping ill get good performance in Arma
  5. The GTX 660 would be really good for the games you want but with that resolution both cards could max all of those with no problem, really it's what you prefer do you want AMD or Nvidia? I would suggest the 660 but only because I prefer Nvidia haha good luck with decision ^^

    Edit: Or another option for about the same price you could get a radeon 7870 xt and it will out perform both of them for the same cost. In some cases it can out preform a 660 ti
  6. spitball91 said:
    The GTX 660 would be really good for the games you want but with that resolution both cards could max all of those with no problem, really it's what you prefer do you want AMD or Nvidia? I would suggest the 660 but only because I prefer Nvidia haha good luck with decision ^^

    Edit: Or another option for about the same price you could get a radeon 7870 xt and it will out perform both of them for the same cost. In some cases it can out preform a 660 ti


    i want the card for thursday and i cant seem to find a 7870 that will arrive with next day delivery :(
  7. Tekyteky said:
    i want the card for thursday and i cant seem to find a 7870 that will arrive with next day delivery :(

    I'm not sure how to help you there, I cant make shipping go faster. But why do you want it here by thursday? If you can wait I would suggest it, it's a much better card for the price
  8. 660 for the price mate :), but if the 7850 is cheaper where u live. that be a good choice also
  9. Ok i found a 7870 which ships to me for friday which is good enough, here it is
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2GB-XFX-Radeon-HD-7870-Core-Edition-4800MHz-GDDR5-28nm-GPU-1000MHz-1280-Core-/121065418393?pt=UK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item1c300fae99

    for 172 i think this is good but i want to ask how this is better than the 7850 or 660? (not to sure on memory clocks etc)
  10. Well it's going to be better then the 7850 for sure because it has a higher core clock and it has more cores so it beats the 7850 no problem. To help with the games youll be playing or games like it look at this bench test with the 7870 vs the 660 keep in mind yours is a superclocked card and might preform a little better then that 660. Also I was saying you should get the 7870 XT version of this card it basically a 7950 but cheaper on the price I would get an XT here's a link to one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131484 it will most definitely out preform all the other cards
  11. its better than both
  12. A 7870 XT will outperform both for slightly more or the same cost.

    However the GTX660 is superior to the 7850, if you decide on the 7870XT the Sapphire one is the best.
  13. well u can get a 7870 sometimes at 210$ the xt is 240ish. so thats still a 30$ difference. of course if he can afford it its worth it.
  14. Also the Sapphire might be better but that's a little bit more then what he was asking the powercolor will do just fine and is about the same price and yeah the 7870 will do better then the 660 and the 7850 which it is pretty clear the 7850 is not really the better choice. I would say if you don't want to spend the extra to get the 7870 XT version then the next best would be the 7870 and then the 660 depending on your budget of course
  15. cant order from newegg as its in the USA but i think im just going to go with the 7870 2GB core edition, hoping i can get some amazing frames in Dayz and wow with this :)
  16. Tekyteky said:
    cant order from newegg as its in the USA but i think im just going to go with the 7870 2GB core edition, hoping i can get some amazing frames in Dayz and wow with this :)

    Should play pretty good, hope you like it when you get it ^^
  17. ya that should be fine. 7850 is a nice card.
  18. Im currently running a stand-alone 7850 DD Black Edition, and I havent had any problems with it so far, games I'm playing as of current dont really seem to phase it, or really even draw from it to much. Some people were saying they were having cooling problems with it, but as stated previously I have not ran into any of the problems, if you need references, Id be happy to throw some up for you.
  19. i have an MSI Twin frozr iii 7850.. What bang for your buck. Plays crysis 3 and metro 2033 on good max settings. if you can overclock it correctly you can get it close to a 7870.
  20. get the 7870 its awesome.
  21. get the 7870 its awesome.
  22. Don't know why that posted twice. But i meant it twice its awesome.
  23. 7870 is the way to go mang
  24. I have two 7870s in crossfire run 90 fps in bf3 and 70 fps in bf4 and around 130 in elder scrolls all on ultra settings on a 1080p. 7870 is a great card.
  25. You should get the amd as it has crossfire enabled and can run battlefield 4 on ultra at a steady 40-60 fps and to answer your question it would run dayz best on maxed out settings
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon Graphics Product