Sign in with
Your question

GTX 660 problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 12, 2013 8:20:43 PM

Hello all,

i've bought a gtx 660 from MSI in october 2012 and since last week it suddenly works bad.
i have a super bad fps rate and for exampel i can't play mw3 no more because the graphics suddenly suck real hard...
you can see the pixels at high and low image quality.
i went back to the store with it today and they said it's not the Graphic card but some setting in my system or something like that.

could someone please help me?

Thanks in advance

More about : gtx 660 problem

a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 9:12:48 PM

mgogoro said:
Hello all,

i've bought a gtx 660 from MSI in october 2012 and since last week it suddenly works bad.
i have a super bad fps rate and for exampel i can't play mw3 no more because the graphics suddenly suck real hard...
you can see the pixels at high and low image quality.
i went back to the store with it today and they said it's not the Graphic card but some setting in my system or something like that.

could someone please help me?

Thanks in advance

Could be a problem with your power supply. Do you know what it is?
February 13, 2013 1:13:06 PM

ah, that might be it.
My power supply is a WPM 600 Watt Modular ATX 2.0 Power supply from sharkoon.

further specs of my pc:
AMD FX 8150 8-core processor
GTX 660 twin frozer
8 gb ram with cooling
120 gb SSD
500 Gb HDD
Macho cpu cooling
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard

thanks already
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
February 13, 2013 6:14:01 PM

mgogoro said:
ah, that might be it.
My power supply is a WPM 600 Watt Modular ATX 2.0 Power supply from sharkoon.

further specs of my pc:
AMD FX 8150 8-core processor
GTX 660 twin frozer
8 gb ram with cooling
120 gb SSD
500 Gb HDD
Macho cpu cooling
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard

thanks already

Do you have the option to purchase a new one or borrow one from someone else?

And out of curiosity, what did the people at the store do that made them come to the conclusion that its not the card ?
February 13, 2013 7:25:20 PM

The motherboard requires an 8-pin suppot power connector to which the PSU does not provide (as best as I can tell) so perhaps you are not using the 8-pin connection but only a 4-pin connector and forgoing the other extra power surplus. Doing so will impact on all components including the ram.

http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/content/wpm-power-supply-...

The Video card does require a 6-pin power connector to which the PSU does provide.

It's not the video card at fault but I'd say that the 8-pin coonector the the motherboard is not being fully utilized.
a b U Graphics card
February 13, 2013 10:24:59 PM

TenPc said:
The motherboard requires an 8-pin suppot power connector to which the PSU does not provide (as best as I can tell) so perhaps you are not using the 8-pin connection but only a 4-pin connector and forgoing the other extra power surplus. Doing so will impact on all components including the ram.

http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/content/wpm-power-supply-...

The Video card does require a 6-pin power connector to which the PSU does provide.

It's not the video card at fault but I'd say that the 8-pin coonector the the motherboard is not being fully utilized.

It shouldnt even work at all without supplemental CPU power.
!