Automatic recording of digital channels

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
August 18, 2005 1:01:41 PM

I've just upgraded to digital cable and am now looking into adding
ReplayTV to the mix.

Is it possible for ReplayTV to switch to any analog or "premium"
digital channel (e.g. Channel 300, HBO) and automatically record? (I'm
using a Motorola Digital Cable box) Or is recording of premium
channels only possible by manually setting the cable box.

Thanks,

Jim
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 4:31:50 PM

Replays come with an "IR Blaster" that plugs into the Replay and attaches to
the front of the cable box. I, too, have a Motorola digital box, and the
channel changing works great. It would occasionally drop a digit in the
beginning, but I've had it over a year now, and I can't remember the last
time it goofed on channel changing. And you don't have to do a thing with
the cable box. Better, in fact, if you just leave it on and alone. :-)

Regards,

Margaret

!