Sign in with
Your question

Best Possible solution?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 12, 2013 9:55:18 PM

What is the best possible solution for a three monitor non-gaming person? The card should be under #100, prefferably the lowest price without losing quality. The highest graphical performance needed is watching Youtube videos. What would be the best card for this, and how would I set it up (what adapters would I need)?

More about : solution

a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2013 10:04:46 PM

what size power supply would this pc have?
what type of video input do the monitors support?
could you be more specific on how you want the monitors to function, 3 monitors acting as one or three independent displays...
m
l
February 12, 2013 10:09:04 PM

the great randini said:
what size power supply would this pc have?
what type of video input do the monitors support?
could you be more specific on how you want the monitors to function, 3 monitors acting as one or three independent displays...

PSU is 450w, Monitors support VGA and DVI ( they are all the same monitors).
Also, the monitors is just as an extended desktop, not duplicates. So, I can drag my mouse from one screen to another. This is what I would like to happen.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 12, 2013 10:11:49 PM

Well the 7770 can be found right now for just below $100 but the 7750 should be good enough for driving 3 screens, even the 6670 would do fine IMO
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 12, 2013 10:16:24 PM

For non gaming, the best choice is a 6670, it doesn't require auxiliary power, it has a low power consumption, it's a good card for htpc and supports three monitors, no need for more than than, you can find a 1GB DDR3 for around 50$ or less.
m
l
February 12, 2013 10:18:59 PM

djangoringo said:
For non gaming, the best choice is a 6670, it doesn't require auxiliary power, it has a low power consumption, it's a good card for htpc and supports three monitors, no need for more than than, you can find a 1GB DDR3 for around 50$ or less.

So how would I configure this, if all three of my monitors have VGA and DVI? what adapters would I need, and how would I connect everything?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 12, 2013 10:19:39 PM

^ you would need an HDMI to DVI adapter, pretty sure they make those
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
February 12, 2013 10:41:01 PM

pizza5647 said:
So how would I configure this, if all three of my monitors have VGA and DVI? what adapters would I need, and how would I connect everything?

You need a displayport for it, this card has a display port : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
There's some 6670 with dp, but in newegg, i couldn't find it.

You need a displayport to dvi and a hdmi to dvi too.
m
l
!