Jul 13, 2012
Trying to find a good mid/higher mid-range GPU, for less than $250

Some other parts in this build:
i5 3570k
8 GB memory
SSD Boot Drive
Asus P8Z77-V LX ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
650W power source (80 PLUS certified)

Will be used mainly for gaming, maybe MAYBE some video editing.

I probably going to increase memory to 16 at some point, and I'm willing to replace the power source for a 700 or 750 if need be.

Chances of overclocking are slim, may not happen for quite some time.

Preferred website, newegg or amazon.

Although rebates are important (who doesn't like more money in their pocket?), it should be the last consideration. I'm not going to ignore a good recommendation because it's $260.

Biggest thing for me is reliability. Several GPUs that I've looked at on newegg (ones by Sapphire, Radeon 7850, 7870, etc) seem to have a power track record. Again, not based on personal experience, but reviews placed by people who purchased the items who were dissatisfied - some even after a few days.

Not as familiar with Nvidia's GPUs, so I'm very much a clean slate. My ideal answer would be a 2-3 GPus with an explanation or even personal experience with it.:love:

Solution
7870 LE from power color. Almost as good as a 7950

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131484&Tpk=7870%20LE

It's pretty new, so not much to say besides the benchmarks preformed on it. The only negative review on it is a person complaining about their power supply. The 2 reviews are from the same people btw. Theres also a warranty, so if it breaks, send it in.

Also you don't need the extra ram and new psu. The 8gb is plenty for gaming and a 650w psu will power this thing nicely.

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
7870 LE from power color. Almost as good as a 7950

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131484&Tpk=7870%20LE

It's pretty new, so not much to say besides the benchmarks preformed on it. The only negative review on it is a person complaining about their power supply. The 2 reviews are from the same people btw. Theres also a warranty, so if it breaks, send it in.

Also you don't need the extra ram and new psu. The 8gb is plenty for gaming and a 650w psu will power this thing nicely.

Solution

spitball91

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011

^Agreed +1^