Help? GTX 680 brands?

LaurenceW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
So I realise after a bit of research that the brand has no effect on direct performance, but only on cooling/noise. I'm looking to get the Palit GTX 680 kepler. I know an ASUS would optimal, but the Palit is a great deal. Am I overthinking things? Will I see or hear any noticeable difference with this?

Thanks in advance!

LaurenceW

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

Thanks for the response. Would like other people's thoughts too :)

Fokissed

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010

It matters very little. EVGA has long been a favorite because of it's warranties and factory overclocks.

The_Assassin

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2012

Very crucial when it comes to non-reference 680's. I only put EVGA as a consideration to due their reputation. If your card fails under warranty, they will replace it with something of equal value or better and they also support overclocking. MSI has one of the best coolers on the market if not the best with ASUS right behind. I personally chose the 680 Lightning from MSI due to the high quality of materials that are used on the card to support overclocking and longevity. ASUS has a great design as well but a lot of people would argue that its any quieter than the TwinFrozr cooler that MSI uses. I can vouch for the MSI card running a few degrees cooler than the ASUS card (friend of mine has the ASUS).