Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

gleny217

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
I just got my MSI 7950 3.0 twin frozer. I was using a 7850 but wanted the upgrade. Anyways I swapped out the gpus I made sure it was fully inserted to the pci slot and screwed it in place. Now this is where I'm stumped...I turn it on and the fans spin but when I try to find it on my computer it can't be found. I'm using a 750w Rosewill PAY and I have the GIGABYTE GA78_LMT USB3 mATX. What's the best way to hook it up to my psu? What other troubleshooting could you guys provide? I really don't want to have to send it back before C3.

Solution

You need to have both PCI-e power connectors plugged in for the GPU to function correctly. You might be able to use a 6 pin PCI-e in the 8 pin slot, but I haven't looked into that option yet, so don't quote me on that.

* 75w PCI-e slot on the mobo for GPU
* 2 x 6 pin PCI-e connectors from the PSU supplies an additional 150w (if needed) to the GPU)

Total required power for the GPU is 225w max, but usually it's less. You still need both PCI-e power connectors to power up the GPU correctly.
try reseating the card and reconnect the 6pij power cords into the gpus again(if else fails, use different 6 pins, im going to assume you are using like a capstone or hive, should have more cords). Another troubleshoot method is cmos reseting to factory conditions(read motherboard manual). If that fails, use a different pci-e x16 slot if you have one.

gleny217

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
I believe it's hive. I noticed that the gpu has a slot for both a 6 and 8 pin do I need to have both plugged in? I know this sounds pretty nooby lol. I'm still new to this thanks in advance

You need to have both PCI-e power connectors plugged in for the GPU to function correctly. You might be able to use a 6 pin PCI-e in the 8 pin slot, but I haven't looked into that option yet, so don't quote me on that.

* 75w PCI-e slot on the mobo for GPU
* 2 x 6 pin PCI-e connectors from the PSU supplies an additional 150w (if needed) to the GPU)

Total required power for the GPU is 225w max, but usually it's less. You still need both PCI-e power connectors to power up the GPU correctly.

Solution

yes, it is mandatory to have both plugged in.

If it's a Hive version of Rosewill series than you will have plenty of power to run all of your items.

Status
Not open for further replies.