Dell vostro 3700 overheating / shuts off

Hello,
My dell vostro 3700 heats sometimes when I run graphic / 3D cad programs like Google sketchup. Also, when scrolling or tumbling the model and at times when running youtube the screen shits off and recovers saying " Device driver stopped responding and has sucessfully recovered". But now, at times it shuts off and calls for a re-start....what is the remedy?
2 answers Last reply
More about dell vostro 3700 overheating shuts
  1. your laptop heats up due to dust that might have settled inside.
    get it thoroughly cleaned at the service centre.
    also keep all your drivers uptodate and use a cooling pad when you use graphic intensive applications
  2. I have a Vostro 3700 that would freeze. I suspected it was overheating. I planned to replace the i7-720qm in it with a i7-940X and at that time redo the thermal paste. 1. Vostro 3700 runs i7-940xm great. No issues. 2. Replaced the thermal paste with Dell's Loctite Powerstrate Xtreme on CPU. Original CPU paste a crummy job. Runs much cooler after redoing paste. (Also blew out motor and air vent) If you're having any reboot or freeze issues, probably overheating - However - 3. I'm no tech expert but not a tech weenie either. Redoing paste (and replacing CPU in Vostro 3700 is delicate job - not for amateurs. I was afraid I had ruined it during reassembly. Do your homework with Dell' Service Manual before you take apart and attempt this!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dell Vostro Graphics