Sign in with
Your question

Mouse problem

Last response: in Components
March 20, 2002 6:04:49 PM

Hi!
I have been having this little problem with my mice.
You see, I play computer games such as Counter-Strike and Quake 3 and when I need to make a fast reflex movement to turn around, or aim at something very fast, my mouse cursor jumps the opposite direction I tried to make it go. Too fast left, and it goes right. Too fast right, and it goes left. It all started when I installed my Logitech Optical Mousewheel mouse. However, I fixed that mouse by reinstalling the correct drivers. Ever since then, however, if I want to use a different mouse, such as my Microsoft Intellieye Optical, or my Microsoft Intellimouse (a ball mouse), it has this problem!

I've tried reinstalling new (and old) drivers for my microsoft. I've tried going into safe mode, then to device manager and removing all known mice. I've tried using Logitech drivers for my Microsoft mice, and I've even tried using no mouse drivers at all. None of this fixes it.
How can I delete all my mouse drivers in order to start fresh, and perhaps fix this problem so it doesn't freak out at high speeds?

More about : mouse problem

March 21, 2002 4:05:15 AM

you need to play with the speed settings of the mouse, the reason for this is the same reason wheels seem to spin backward on tv. you can make the mouse do it in windows normaly by spinning the ball real fast. i dont really know how to explain it but it has to do with the refresh rate of the optical sensor on the mouse.

i went to the tomshardware forums and all i got was this lousy signature.
March 21, 2002 5:15:17 PM

It occurs with much more frequency than before I downloaded the logitech drivers. It's definitely a problem that wasn't here a month ago before I bought the logitech wheel mouse and installed its drivers
Related resources
March 21, 2002 5:17:35 PM

are these mice plugged into the usb or ps2?

March 21, 2002 7:09:26 PM

I've tried both
Still don't work
March 21, 2002 7:09:26 PM

I've tried both
Still don't work
March 21, 2002 7:34:12 PM

all these mice are trackballs right?

March 23, 2002 9:14:58 PM

no
regular hand mice
March 23, 2002 10:02:40 PM

try a different surface to move the mouse on, i cant think of any reason for this, other than the things you have tried.

March 26, 2002 5:55:56 PM

I've tried plastic, wood, cloth, glass
All the same problem
It's a driver problem
Anyone good with mouse drivers?
March 26, 2002 7:59:19 PM

ok, the problem is when you move the mouse to the left or right very fast it sometimes doesnt move or moves the wrong way right? i test the optical mice i have at home and work, if i move the mouse fast enough it will do what you say, but i have to move it pretty darned fast.

!