Compaq presario f750us will no longer connect to the internet

prophet11

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Hello. My compaq presario F750us stopped connecting to the internet both wired and wireless. It no longer recognizes its Artheros Ar 5700 wireless adapter. The ethernet connection is restricted to local access only. The notebook runs Windows Vista Home Premium. I have followed all diagnostic and repair steps as per Vista's instructions. Two other computers remain connected. The router is Linksys Wrt 54 G2 V1. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

swjulia88

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012

I have the same compaq model and same problem, just happened a few weeks ago wifi stopped working and have no sound. Ran virus scan and tried to update drivers i get nothing, someone know if this is vista related problem????

vincep123

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I had the same problem after a vista update. It was irreversible as far as I knew. Then I installed Ubuntu and my wireless works flawlessly now (Ubuntu even installed custom drivers automatically for my 750us, so all my keyboard functions work).

I will never purchase a microsoft product again. Hey Bill Gates, thanks for introducing me to Linux!