Eyefinity setup help needed

william123098

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
Hello, I would like to set up a 3 monitor eyefinity set up. i have 3 monitors 2 20" synchmaster 940 Bs (single link dvi and vga) as well as one other 18"monitor i cannot find the name of (one vga connector).my graphics card is an xfx radeon hd 6750 (one micro display port and 2 vga display ports). the system will be used primarily for gaming as well as some other productivity tasks.

my questions are as follows:
can i use 2 dvi to dvi cables for the two synchmaster as well as 1 passive micro display to vga adapter for the other monitor, or will i need an active mdp to vga adapter?

and how do you think i should position the monitors for the best experience?

and finally will the 1gb of gddr5 memory (4000mhz clock rate video ram) bottle neck me when playing games in 3840x1080p (3 1280x1080), or will the performance decrease not really to any noticeable degree?

none of my other components will bottleneck. i am pretty sure of that. my cpu is fx4100 oc'd to 4.3ghz and my ram is 8gb of ddr3 1600mhz corsair vengeance

if there will be some performance issues a drop to 720p wouldn't bother me too much. i'm not even sure what the resolution of my third (unknown monitor) is.

I have looked around the internet and found no solutions
any replies are greatly appreciated
thanks in advance

update after a quick test i have comfirmed all of my moniters are the same 1280x1080 reolution

You won't be able to game on 3 monitors with a 6750 unless you are playing racing or flight sims. Things with very low graphics. Its really only capable of driving one monitor at decent settings.

You MUST use an active display port adapter for the third monitor and the only balanced way to set it up is with the 18 inch in the middle and the 20s on the sides, but since they aren't the same size its not going to line up or look right at all.

Id really suggest you just game on one monitor

william123098

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
thank you for the good answer and fast response time.

thank you for the clarification on adapters.

i was aware from the beginning it may look odd having one smaller monitor thanks for the suggestion i will do so and put the smallest in the center.

and after purchasing an adapter i think i will stick to three ,monitors for general use and switch to one for gaming. and maybe have thing such as map layouts open on the other 2 monitors.

i have only one question remaining: how big a drop in frame rate do you think will occur?

as stated earlier i wouldn't mind a drop to 720p or a drop from ultra to high settings. the graphics card is managing to get 50-60 fps in skyrim and around 40-45 in battle field 3 both on ultra if that would help you answer the question. to me 30+ fps is good.

do you think 3 monitors would work for gaming on games, like those stated previously, at 30+ fps using this video card with maybe a few alterations to settings ,such as a drop to 720p ,or lowered settings from ultra to high?

once again thank you for a great answer

djdude1327

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

Hi!

I have three monitors set up via Eyefinity. The monitors are all 27" LG HD. But I have to use the DVI connections plus the Display Port, because there aren't enough HDMI ports on my graphics cards or the computer. No problem-the picture is phenomenal! I'm playing FSX on the three monitors, and I use the left and right for L and R aircraft windows, and the center monitor for straight ahead viewing. My only issue is that my graphics cards, Sapphire Radeon 6770s, aren't good enough for me to be able to up-tweak the various FSX features, i.e., ground and air planes, ground traffic, ships and ground scenery. I'm looking at upgrading to another card, but not sure yet which one to buy. My total resolution for the three monitors is 5760x1080. BTW, I strongly recommend you use three IDENTICAL monitors for your gaming.