Listening to INTERNET STATIONS via stereo

How would one go about listening to a radio station in a remote state via thier
website on your high end stereo system THANKS?

"The #1 job of every parent? That's easy: to make sure thier children don't
inconvenience anybody else"
12 answers Last reply
More about listening internet stations stereo

    You have to use a computer connected to the net, and use the external output
    of the sound card to feed the sound system. The computer is obviously
    required to get on to the net, and do the download.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    "THE SPACE BOSS" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    How would one go about listening to a radio station in a remote state via
    thier
    website on your high end stereo system THANKS?

    "The #1 job of every parent? That's easy: to make sure thier children don't
    inconvenience anybody else"

    Real Player or Windows Media Player --
    I listen to classical music from Korea, Poland -- and of course
    www.wabcradio.com , www.wnyc.org

    On 09 Sep 2004 06:20:48 GMT, drsmith666@aol.com (THE SPACE BOSS)
    wrote:

    >How would one go about listening to a radio station in a remote state via thier
    >website on your high end stereo system THANKS?

    The easiest way is to hook up the line level audio out from the PC
    sound card to a line level audio input on your amp or receiver. A
    stereo mini plug to L/R phono (or RCA) plug jack is all you'd need.

    There are internet radio A/V units that hook up directly to broadband,
    but I believe they may be limited as far as the number and type of
    stations they can get. So, my preference is to stick with a computer
    so there are no limits to stations that can be tuned in.

    Gary E
    --
    |Gary A. Edelstein
    |edelsgNO@SPAMyahoo.com.invalid (remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply)
    |"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo

    John Walton wrote:

    > Real Player or Windows Media Player --
    > I listen to classical music from Korea, Poland -- and of course
    > www.wabcradio.com , www.wnyc.org
    >
    > "THE SPACE BOSS" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>How would one go about listening to a radio station in a remote state via
    >
    > thier
    >
    >>website on your high end stereo system THANKS?
    >>
    >>"The #1 job of every parent? That's easy: to make sure thier children
    >
    > don't
    >
    >>inconvenience anybody else"

    As well as Winamp, and Itunes for the Mac or PC.

    CD

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:48:06 -0500, Gary A. Edelstein
    <edelsgNO@SPAMyahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

    >On 09 Sep 2004 06:20:48 GMT, drsmith666@aol.com (THE SPACE BOSS)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>How would one go about listening to a radio station in a remote state via thier
    >>website on your high end stereo system THANKS?
    >>
    >The easiest way is to hook up the line level audio out from the PC
    >sound card to a line level audio input on your amp or receiver. A
    >stereo mini plug to L/R phono (or RCA) plug jack is all you'd need.

    How come this clever person who has a stupid wife could not figure
    this out for himself? Perhaps *he* is the stupid one? :-)

    Sorry about this, but I get very mad at at this wife-beating.

    I think I stand by my first impression: our space boss is just a
    troll.

    Per.

    Per Stromgren <per.stromgren@telia.com> writes:
    > [...]
    > Sorry about this, but I get very mad at at this wife-beating.

    I assure you it (the verbal denigration and improper attitudes) goes
    both ways in the U.S. The women here, on the whole, are spoiled
    rotten pigs who will trample the lives of their husbands and families
    to support their need to be the center of the universe. To be sure,
    there was a time that women were mistreated and disrespected, but the
    pendulum has since swung WAY too far the other way.

    You provide a case-in-point - that one is no longer free (or is at
    least greatly discouraged) to speak their mind if it in any way
    negatively implicates a women, WHETHER OR NOT THE IMPLICATION IS
    TRUE. While I may not agree with his attitudes or judgment, the OP has
    a right to express his point of view, and if you and your ilk don't
    like it, you can just tough it.

    --RY

    wrote:

    >How would one go about listening to a radio station in a remote state via thier
    >website on your high end stereo system THANKS?

    Ask your wife :-)

    >Sorry about this, but I get very mad at at this wife-beating.

    i never said anything about wife beating. I said I wanted her to pay for the
    unit.

    >I assure you it (the verbal denigration and improper attitudes) goes
    >both ways in the U.S. The women here, on the whole, are spoiled
    >rotten pigs who will trample the lives of their husbands and families
    >to support their need to be the center of the universe

    I agree with you this is exacly how many women are.

    drsmith666@aol.com (THE SPACE BOSS) writes:

    > >I assure you it (the verbal denigration and improper attitudes) goes
    > >both ways in the U.S. The women here, on the whole, are spoiled
    > >rotten pigs who will trample the lives of their husbands and families
    > >to support their need to be the center of the universe
    >
    > I agree with you this is exacly how many women are.

    I should be quick to add that this is a generalization, just as any
    such statement must be. There are (many) exceptions, but that does
    not invalidate the trend.
    --
    Randy Yates
    Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications

    On 10 Sep 2004 07:19:36 GMT, drsmith666@aol.com (THE SPACE BOSS)
    wrote:

    >>Sorry about this, but I get very mad at at this wife-beating.
    >
    >i never said anything about wife beating. I said I wanted her to pay for the
    >unit.

    Perhaps you don't beat women literally, but hatred is all over your
    posts. If you are not a troll, of course.

    Men who can't respect women will not get my respect.

    Per.

    >Perhaps you don't beat women literally, but hatred is all over your
    >posts. If you are not a troll, of course.
    >
    >Men who can't respect women will not get my respect.

    Listen here, pal, most comments of this nature have come from people responding
    to the post and you are getting me confused with them. I was upset because my
    wife showed a blatant lack of respect for something she knew was very important
    to me.

    "The #1 job of every parent? That's easy: to make sure thier children don't
    inconvenience anybody else"

Audio Radio Internet