5770 Vs 7850 in a Core I5-750

Hello,
I currently have a 5770 in my machine. The CPU is a Core I5-750, the 1st generation one. I am wondering if the 7850 would eb wasted in my rig due to a CPU bottleneck? At this point I am not interested in upgrading my entire system, only the video card if it isn't going to be held back by this CPU.
4 answers Last reply
More about 5770 7850 core
  1. nailfoot123 said:
    Hello,
    I currently have a 5770 in my machine. The CPU is a Core I5-750, the 1st generation one. I am wondering if the 7850 would eb wasted in my rig due to a CPU bottleneck? At this point I am not interested in upgrading my entire system, only the video card if it isn't going to be held back by this CPU.

Hi - all systems have a bottleneck of sorts somewhere. What are your other
    specs? PSU, MOBO, Ram, etc.

Need to be sure it can handle the upgrade.

There is a huge perf increase with the 7850 vs 5770, so if
    there's nothing inhibitng it, it would be an ex upgrade.
  2. Screen resolution you use would probably be good to know too.
  3. Sorry!
    Well, the PSU is no issue. It is over 1000 watts. I play at 1080p resolution on a 21" monitor. Little tough on the eyes but not too bad. The Mobo is an ASUS P7P55LX. Equiped with 4gb RAM.
    Not that it matters much, but I have 11 fans in my full tower case so it already sounds like the Space Shuttle taking off. I don't mind :)
  4. 7850 is going to be an awesome upgrade from the 5770! I actually did this same upgrade last fall and the 7850 blew me away, especially after a little overclock.

Your i5 is about as good as say an FX-4300 or Phenom II X4, so in no way is it going to be too slow for a 7850.

Enjoy!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Core CPUs Intel i5 Graphics