Sign in with
Your question

Errors after NVIDIA driver download

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 13, 2013 11:35:52 PM

Hey all!

I updated my drivers for my NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 (old card I know. replacing it asap) and also updated my BIOS. And ever since, I try to start up any video game and I get this blue screen of death message "STOP: 0x0000009c (0x00000000, 0xf772b050, 0xb200040, 0x00000800)". Sometimes it prolongs it if I set all the qualities to their lowest mark but, still eventually it happens. I recently cleaned out all the dust out of my computer and I try to keep it really clean. I read that it could be an over heating issue...? Just wondering if you wonderful peeps had any ideas...

YOU GUYS ROCK

Thanks!
February 14, 2013 2:14:04 AM

Hi

Have you tried downgrading your gpu's driver? Also did the problem occurred right after you updated your driver and bios?
February 14, 2013 2:29:38 AM

yes... directly after. im thinking that maybe there is some sort of setting that my gpu doesn't support in the newest driver. i guess i could just keep downgrading until i find one that work efficiently. sound about right? also.. i have done the graphics card driver updates before and i ended up respawning my computer because of this issue. i thought that maybe updating the bios would help but, no good.
Related resources
February 14, 2013 2:31:37 AM

my card is tearing and showing signs of over heating. time for a new card i think, just in general... probably a whole over haul of my pc
February 14, 2013 2:32:01 AM

check if the inside since you clean it you could have unlock your memory stick or unplug some power cable .
!