Attaching speakers to comouter...continued

Last response: in Home Audio
September 10, 2004 2:27:08 PM

As far as I can tell the sound card is a SigmaTel C-Major Audio
(maybe Stac9751)... I can't tell from all the gibberish displayed by
sys-info).
This device not even mentioned in Arny Krueger's
http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/summary/index.htm site.
Does anyone know about the quality of this device?
Thanks again,
R.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 9:32:57 PM

R wrote:

> As far as I can tell the sound card is a SigmaTel C-Major Audio
> (maybe Stac9751)... I can't tell from all the gibberish displayed by
> sys-info).
> This device not even mentioned in Arny Krueger's
> http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/summary/index.htm site.
> Does anyone know about the quality of this device?
> Thanks again,
> R.

From what I picked up here;

http://www.sigmatel.com/products/stac9750pb.htm

the technical specifications look VERY SIMILAR to the Turtle Beach Santa
Cruz which you'll find is a well regarded card compared to other 16 bit
soundcards.

CD
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 10:08:34 PM

"R" <rlocker@att.net> wrote in message

> As far as I can tell the sound card is a SigmaTel C-Major Audio
> (maybe Stac9751)... I can't tell from all the gibberish displayed by
> sys-info).
> This device not even mentioned in Arny Krueger's
> http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/summary/index.htm site.
> Does anyone know about the quality of this device?

If you can manage to jumper the line output to the line input, and set
record and playback levels with the windows mixer, you can test it yourself
with this free software:

http://audio.rightmark.org/download.shtml

If you would like a review of your results, post them here!
!