Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Which card is better?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 14, 2013 12:50:29 AM

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti OC 1032MHZ 2GB 6.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card
Link: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=75183&vpn=GV-N66TOC-2GD&m...

OR

EVGA Geforce GTX 660 Ti 02G-P4-3662-KR Video Card - 2GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0(x16), 1x Dual-link DVI-I, 1x Dual-link DVI-D, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11, SLI Ready, Superclocked
Link: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

OR

Galaxy 66NNH7DV6WXZ GeForce GTX 660 Ti GC 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

In order from best to worst card.

Building a PC to last me for the next 8 years.
Which card is more powerful?
-Gamer.

More about : card

a b U Graphics card
February 14, 2013 1:03:40 AM

With the way games are being made now, I would suggest you buy a more powerful card than a 660. Or maybe buy 2. Games are getting more and more demanding and the 660 is a great card, very powerful, but to get 8 good solid years of gaming on a level you'll be happy with may require a little more. What kind of budget do you have? I'm still using a gtx285 which came out in January of 09 and it struggles playing a lot of new games on ultra settings, and its a pretty powerful card. Theres no way I can be happy with this card for another year much less 6 more.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 14, 2013 1:19:18 AM

You won't be able to build a pc that will fulfill your demands in the same way even after 8 years. Even a GTX690 might won't be able to take you for a further 8 years. The best thing to do is to build the best pc that suits YOUR daily use and then once you see that your pc needs a refresh you can always make an upgrade. Also it would be more helpful if you could post your other specs here so we can have a clearer view.

Hope this helps!
Score
Related resources
February 14, 2013 2:43:35 AM

Will someone please answer this topic? :( 
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 14, 2013 2:47:22 AM

EVGA, Gigabyte, then Galaxy.
Score
February 14, 2013 4:02:47 AM

maestro0428 said:
EVGA, Gigabyte, then Galaxy.

Cool, and what makes the EVGA the best of the 3?
Score
a c 133 U Graphics card
February 14, 2013 5:28:00 AM

Well I would say it really truly depends on what you value. EVGA is really great with there support and there warranty. You can get a 3 year warranty from any company but how a company handles that warranty there service and there support are what make that warranty worth it. EVGA is just one of those solid card makers that backs there product much in the same way ASUS does with there monitors. Now if you stronger cooling both the gigabyte and the galaxy solution will probably more likely then not offer stronger cooling solutions however if all you care about is a good card you can plug in and do the job the EVGA selection is the strongest.

Personally if you were to go with a EVGA card I would spend the extra and get there signature 2 card its as close as they get to aftermarket cooling its probably quieter then then blower reference cards as well as it also vents out the back of the card so you get kind of a mix of the two.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-video-card-02gp43664k...
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 14, 2013 5:44:41 AM

EVGA Customer service, warranty and reliability (i don't know anyone that had troubles with them and everyone would buy an EVGA card)

Gigabyte comes in second (if you want a factory overclocked card) as i still prefer EVGA stock and overclock by yourself (you'll alway had better result than factory OC card anyway)

And i wouldn't buy a Galaxy branded card, too recent to see if they're reliable and if they have good warranty, customer service...

+1 for the signature cards, i own one, very silent, stay cool and have a cool look in a rig ;) 
Score
February 14, 2013 6:21:16 AM

Any performance difference between the one I listed and the one bigshootr8 listed?
Score

Best solution

a c 133 U Graphics card
February 14, 2013 6:42:56 AM

A stronger factory overclock then the superclocked version. Also stronger cooling.

sig 2
Core Clock 1046 mhz
Boost Clock 1124 mhz

superclocked card
Core Clock 980 MHz
Boost Clock 1059MHz
February 14, 2013 6:30:08 PM

Best answer selected by caylerose.
Score
!