Choppy video w/ full screen

hondochica

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
greetings all;

I found other threads w/ my problem - but answers seem to be pc-specific - so here I am.

I purchased a rebuilt lenovo thinkcentre M55e (Intel Dual-Core 1.6GHz, 2GB DDR2,); I then purchased a ZOTAC ZT-60604-10L GeForce GT 610 512MB 64-bit DDR3 PCI HDCP graphics card. I am using this computer for the sole purpose of watching internet video (CBS, USA networks and netflix mostly). The PC (running Win 7) is connected via HDMI to a samsung 32" UN32EH5000 TV.

Now - when I watch movies etc via netflix - all is well - on full screen, video is clean - audio in sync w/ video (although I think on faster scenes the video doesn't really keep up well - but that's a side note - not the main problem)

When I try to watch anything else, on full screen (cbs shows, usa shows etc) the video is choppy and often very pixalated (sp?); and the audio is NOT in sync w/ the video - it's basically unwatchable. When I don't use 'full screen' and just use the small viewer - all is wonderful.

What is up with that!

Here are some specs - let me know what else you need.

PC:

MB: Lenovo LENOVO (0x000001D3 - 0x0061A5E0)
Chipset
Northbridge Intel 946PL/GZ rev. C1
Southbridge Intel 82801GB (ICH7/R) rev. A1
Memory Type DDR2
Memory Size 2048 MBytes

Graphics card data from GPU-Z while watching video in full screen - netflix:

GPU core clock - 810
memory clock 666 mHz
Shader (? - can't read my notes :( ) clock - 1620
temp - 73 C
Fan speed 60%
Memory 137 mb
gpu load - 99% (is this the problem?? have I maxed out my cpu/gpu?)
memory controller load - 11%

Thanks for your help

Kelly

hondochica

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
yes, I have the latest drivers and no, I doubt that TV show videos on CBS or USA are HD. What difference would that make? video card screen resolution is set to highest - 19xx x whatever that configuration is.

hondochica

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012
I'm not using a 'media player' - I'm watching videos via my browser - firefox; netflix is netflix, CBS is CBS . . .

and "upping the network settings" huh? I'm a novice - to what are you referring?

thanks for your help

kelly

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Could be a little less rude, that would get you further . . . <- like those spacings.

Your internet connection is obviously fast enough and streaming quality movies proves your computer is good enough.

Im in Australia, Netflix isn't here yet so i have nfi what it was until now. CBS and US shows out of sync could be a problem at their end or the browser you're using needs an update. Have you tried another browser?

You could try lowering the sound quality a bit in sound properties on your laptop, being one of the causes of sound faults.

hondochica

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2012

Rude? and what's wrong with 'spacings'? a ". . . " if that is what you are referring to, is a standard way to type "etcetera" - nothing more was intended. texting/emailing/posting . . if a funny thing - there is no intonation, no facial expressions, nothing really to judge whether a person is rude, upset, critical, laughing, surprised . . . etc. just text. so I can only offer that what you read from a message that does not have emoticons - or bold or capitalized type - is your own interpretation and may have absolutely nothing to do with the writer's intent. As was this case. I was simply stating that I was "surprised" - in this case - that my question had received so few responses and no workable answers. I have had reasonable success in the past getting help here - there are many very knowledgeable people here.

As for your suggestions - I can view that same internet content on my desktop - in full screen mode with no such problems. so there is something going on with the system. Using the same browser version and same windows 7 version.

Thanks for your help

Kelly

westxtsew

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
really! Seriously! Nobody in this forum wants too help you with that attitude!!

And yes emotion is felt across words. The very fact that you chose write a paragraph full of redundant reasons and excuses in your defense show just how rude you actually were.

Clear your temporary files and lower your settings on your GPU. GPU appears to running to hot 73c is not good! Place your PC tower in a well ventilated area not in a small cubby and be sure its not resting on carpet.

The card you purchased has horrible reviews. I would return it if you can.

2GB of memory is pretty useful for taking out frustration on others over the internet but its not good enough for your intended application which I'm assuming is streaming HD and taking out frustration.

Pleasure to assist you,

Ryan