Computer Starts but no display

BurgerJones

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013
So I recently built a new computer and I have had quite a few problems. I was playing a game and my computer randomly shut off and didn't come back on. Originally I found that the PSU didn't work after testing it on another machine. Once I replaced that then I realized that my motherboard was no longer working, so I replaced that. So today I finally got my new motherboard and hooked everything up. The computer turns on, I can hear the disc drive and hard drive moving with all the fans moving, but the fans on the video card aren't moving and there is no display. I took out the card and tested it in another computer and it started up in the other computer. Any ideas about what could be the problem with the video card and fans not powering on?

BurgerJones

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

Yes it does, I tried the video card in both of the PCI-E slots and there was no fan movement or video output in either. Also I got the same motherboard as the replacement for the broken motherboard.

BurgerJones

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

The board is actually a brand new board that I ordered off of Amazon, because I didn't want to wait a few weeks before I get a refund for my old board.

I tested another video card in both of the PCI-E slots and there still isn't any video output, but the both work on the other system. Is it possible that the CPU got damaged at the same time the motherboard did when the PSU went out?

BurgerJones

Honorable
Feb 13, 2013

This is the processor I am using: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103960
It is an AM3+, which is what the motherboard is made for.
It was running Windows 8 for about 2 weeks before the original problem happened. Literally no parts on the computer have changed other than switching out for a New/Stronger PSU and a new (same model) motherboard.