Lower the temperature threshold for auto fan control

ShEsHy

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
Like the title says, I'm trying to lower the point at which Catalyst starts spinning up the fan (noticed that up to 61 ºC the fan is actually turned off).
I'm using the latest 13.1 Win7 x64 Drivers for my Sapphire HD 4870 1GB.
Now I already know that 61 ºC is normal for a Radeon, but it's not for my other components which run slightly (but noticeably) hotter because of it.
I don't need any cooling, OCing, UCing,..., tips whatsoever, I just want to know if it's possible to lower the optimal temperature Catalyst will try to cool my card down to (at the moment it appears to be 61 ºC).

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
For the lower temps, specifies 100% in the fan control (in the OC tab of the catalyst)
For custom profile, you could try Sapphire TRIXX if your card is supported or any other OC software (ASUS GPU-tweak, MSI Afterburner, etc...)

I'm surprised about such a high starting point for the fan, maybe it's starting to jam with dust or something (i've never seen a GPU that the fan don't spin at least a little...)

ShEsHy

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011

Tnx, will try that as a last resort if noone comes up with a Catalyst method.

I don't want it at 100% all the time, I want Catalyst to keep the temp at around 35-40C.
Nope, the fan works flawlessly, I regularly clean my case and fans to prevent dust pileups.
Haven't heard of TRIXX before, gonna check it out, tnx.
*edit* Apparently TRIXX only supports series 5, 6 & 7 :(.