Wires/Adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i am looking at this card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202003

as i understand it is a good card. anyhow that is not why i am here.

i am having trouble understanding these display connectors.

okay i know what HDMI and DVI is. and can only guess DisplayPort is an older method.

now what i amt trying to do is understand these ports and the card i am about to buy a little better so i can better choose the wires and/or converter adapters i will need.

so my primary question here is... which of these ports is considered the default primary display?

then i want to know the difference between the two DVI ports on there.

one has the cross and the holes in each corner. while the other one just has a dash like hole. what is the difference between these two?

Solution
One is a DVI-I (the one with the cross and extra 4 holes) and one is a DVI-D. DVI-I supports analogue (VGA/D-sub) cables through the use of adapter while DVI-D won't. All 4 ports are primary. The different of ports is to add more compatibility as well as for multi-monitors.

You can use any ports you want for your monitor.

EzioAs

Distinguished
One is a DVI-I (the one with the cross and extra 4 holes) and one is a DVI-D. DVI-I supports analogue (VGA/D-sub) cables through the use of adapter while DVI-D won't. All 4 ports are primary. The different of ports is to add more compatibility as well as for multi-monitors.

You can use any ports you want for your monitor.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.