Sign in with
Your question

Dongle to LAN to WIFI router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 7, 2012 1:51:35 PM

Hello,
i want to use internet on my laptop, i currently have a internet dongle(usb), and it is conneced to my desktop pc,
now all i want to do is to share internet from my desktop pc to its LAN card and then from LAN card via LAN cable to wifi router, so that i can use the internet in my laptop over its wifi and the dongle stays connected to the desktop pc,
i have shared internet to LAN but router is not taking this LAN cabel(on which i have shared the internet form my desktop pc) as an input for WAN port so,
any help on that?

any help?

More about : dongle lan wifi router

March 7, 2012 3:32:03 PM

please i need to know if there is a solution
m
l
a b X LAN
March 7, 2012 7:59:14 PM

see if changing the LAN IP of the router to 192.168.5.1 will make it work
m
l
Related resources
July 13, 2013 7:40:20 AM

kamran222 said:
Hello,
i want to use internet on my laptop, i currently have a internet dongle(usb), and it is conneced to my desktop pc,
now all i want to do is to share internet from my desktop pc to its LAN card and then from LAN card via LAN cable to wifi router, so that i can use the internet in my laptop over its wifi and the dongle stays connected to the desktop pc,
i have shared internet to LAN but router is not taking this LAN cabel(on which i have shared the internet form my desktop pc) as an input for WAN port so,
any help on that?

any help?

m
l
July 13, 2013 7:45:45 AM

please follow this forum carefully from REALBEAST ideal, i have just done it and
is working perfectly for me, dis-able the dhcp in the lan setting, log off the router
m
l
!