Closed Solved

What Graphics Card should i get for my system?

Hello i just came on this forum to get some advice on "Graphics Cards", I've done a heap of research but still not entirely sure which one to go with for my system yet. I will be playing games like World Of Warcraft and was just wondering what is a good budget graphics card that is $100 or under which would play the game well enough Graphic wise. I was thinking of the Nvidia GT range but which one and what make is best?

My Specifications are:

3rd Generation Core i5 3470
'Ivy Bridge' 22nm Quad-Core
Home, Office & Gaming Computer
with GPUBoost Graphics Acceleration Technology

CPU:
3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz/3.6GHz Turbo, Quad-Core, 6MB Smart Cache
Motherboard:
Asrock B75M-DGS LGA1155 Mainboard - USB3.0, SATA 6Gb/s, 16x PCI Express
RAM:
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600MHz Low Latency Memory in Dual-Channel configuration
Graphics:
Intel HD 2000/3000 On-Chip Graphic with 1GB System Memory - HDMI, D-SUB & DVI Outputs
Primary HDD:
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB, 64MB Cache SATA III 6Gb/s

thanks
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what graphics card system
  1. first ofall you forgot to post what PSU you have, which is the most important question considering most graphic cards would suit your rig pretty well.

Without knowing your PSU I would simply say the 7770 since it doesn't need extra powe supply and can certainly play WOW... And is below 100$. But don't expect magic if you are going to play high end games.
  2. Sorry about that should have realized my PSU is 500 Watt
    80+ Certified Power Supply cheers
  3. All i want to do on the computer is use it as a home office computer edit videos and the only game i want to play on it is WOW.
  4. The System is SLI just to note too
  5. Best answer
    I don't play WOW, but I would say that a 7750 or 7770 should be sufficient.
  6. you are planning to sli the video card"s"? That would be a Nvidia card and I don't think you will find any new cards for ~$100 that can sli. Older cards you could, but that would make no since.
  7. thanks guys for the advice and the sli thing i meant the system has sli but i am not planning on using it yet. I just want an alright graphics card to start off with seeing as this is my first gaming desktop I've had.
  8. Best answer selected by Zealth.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product