• Nvidia
  • Asus
  • Gtx
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 14, 2013 11:46:51 AM

Hi, I have a question for you all

So I am planning a new build with a GTX 660Ti or GTX 670 one of them and i want to get two of the Asus MX239H's, and do a dual display setup. I recently read a MX239H review at http://thegadgetmaniac.com/asus-mx239h-review/

It says this:

"The only downfall of the Asus MX239H is that without multi-screen solution. It means you can't have several unit of them connect together and make a super large display. If you are looking one that can do this, then you might want to look at the ASUS VN247H-P Review"

I thought every monitor can be run together with another and have a dual display, however if there are specific requirements for a dual display (the above monitor has 2 HDMI ports and 1 VGA port) Can you please tell me what they are, and can you please assist me on how to do a dual display setup of this monitor if it is possible

Thanks in advance
Harshil!

More about : dual display setup

a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 14, 2013 12:02:01 PM

I can't think of anything that would prevent you from using two of those monitors. That line does not even make sense, it's like it was poorly translated from a different language into English.

Maybe they mean that it does not come with software? But that won't be an issue as the video card will be fine with setting up a dual-screen without anything additional.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
February 14, 2013 12:02:58 PM

I think that maybe because it doesn't have a VESA mount or no portrait mode (or both) that they said it doesn't have multi-monitor solution.

As far as I know, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't work in multiple setups if you have the proper card (660ti and 670 as well as most modern cards support multi-monitor setup)
Score
Related resources
February 14, 2013 12:28:26 PM

Thanks for the responses so far, I have one more query since the two responses that have come in do suggest it should work, does anybody know how to do this exactly or do they know a good website or video that will show me how to.

Also i plan to dual boot Windows 8 and Windows 7 will an i5 3570K be sufficient or should i get the i7 3770K?

Thanks!
Score
a b Î Nvidia
February 14, 2013 12:34:17 PM

Just connect the monitors to any of the 4 ports available (2xDVI, 1xHDMI, 1x Display Port) and it should work. You may need to extend your display at the Screen Resolution settings by right-clicking on the desktop.
Score

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 14, 2013 12:50:03 PM

An i5 is just fine for windows 8 and 7, dual-booting does not have any effect on how much CPU you need, you are not running both of them at one time.
February 14, 2013 1:14:04 PM

Best answer selected by hshah.
Score
!