Remote desktop

I am trying to set up Remote desktop with a wireless
MN700 wireless router I know you forward port 3389 to the
ip address of the machine you want to connect to but what
about the internal port??

Thanks

More about remote desktop

    That is the port you want, although it can be changed. Are you external to
    your LAN? Take a look in Help and Support regarding Remote Desktop, and
    perhaps this Knowledge Base article "Configuring the Remote Desktop Client
    to Connect to a Specific Port":
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304304&Product=winxp
    You may also need to change the listen port, as described here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306759&Product=winxp
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "GM" <gpmorgan@telus.net> wrote in message
    >I am trying to set up Remote desktop with a wireless
    > MN700 wireless router I know you forward port 3389 to the
    > ip address of the machine you want to connect to but what
    > about the internal port??
    >

    > Thanks

    For Remote Desktop, the internal port would be 3389 (assuming you haven't
    gone out of your way to change it)

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "GM" <gpmorgan@telus.net> wrote in message
    > I am trying to set up Remote desktop with a wireless
    > MN700 wireless router I know you forward port 3389 to the
    > ip address of the machine you want to connect to but what
    > about the internal port??
    >

    > Thanks

    What about the private ports it is asking for that as
    well?

    Thanks for your help

    Hi,

    The private ports is 3389-3389 and your inbound ports 3389-3389 for remote
    desktop.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "GM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > What about the private ports it is asking for that as
    > well?
    >
    > Thanks for your help

Routers Remote Desktop Wireless Router Microsoft Hardware Networking