Remote desktop

GM

I am trying to set up Remote desktop with a wireless
MN700 wireless router I know you forward port 3389 to the
ip address of the machine you want to connect to but what
about the internal port??

Thanks

That is the port you want, although it can be changed. Are you external to
your LAN? Take a look in Help and Support regarding Remote Desktop, and
perhaps this Knowledge Base article "Configuring the Remote Desktop Client
to Connect to a Specific Port":
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304304&Product=winxp
You may also need to change the listen port, as described here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306759&Product=winxp
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"GM" <gpmorgan@telus.net> wrote in message
>I am trying to set up Remote desktop with a wireless
> MN700 wireless router I know you forward port 3389 to the
> ip address of the machine you want to connect to but what
> about the internal port??
>

> Thanks

For Remote Desktop, the internal port would be 3389 (assuming you haven't
gone out of your way to change it)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"GM" <gpmorgan@telus.net> wrote in message
> I am trying to set up Remote desktop with a wireless
> MN700 wireless router I know you forward port 3389 to the
> ip address of the machine you want to connect to but what
> about the internal port??
>

> Thanks

GM

What about the private ports it is asking for that as
well?

Thanks for your help

Hi,

The private ports is 3389-3389 and your inbound ports 3389-3389 for remote
desktop.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User