All Fans spin max when GPU is plugged in

G

Hello all, Desporate to find out whats the problem with this, my issue is..:

i baught a 2nd Hand GPU 9400gt and CPU from a single seller., the CPU didnt work, Now i plug in the GPU And all fans
inside the case instantly spin to max RPM and dont stop, No post, no beeps, nothing.. Only when i take out the GPU and use onboard graphics it will boot... i've no idea Anyone tell me what the issue it?

many thanks

Help.

Azn Cracker

Distinguished

His psu shouldnt matter, hes using a 9400gt. That should run on any crappy psu.

___

Also if your cpu doesn't work, then you cant even boot to the bios. You need to get a new cpu first.

larrym

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

It would matter if it does not have PCI-e connections for his new GPU

G

Hi, thanks for the response.
i had baught a new CPU With the GPU from a seller, CPU doesnt work so im sticking with old one, no current gpu using onboard graphics, i believe my PSU is around 450w

G

Hi, thanks for the response.
i had baught a new CPU With the GPU from a seller, CPU doesnt work so im sticking with old one, no current gpu using onboard graphics, i believe my PSU is around 450w
i need to know what is to blame before i buy new parts.

larrym

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
many things can cause the symptoms you are displaying. Since you bought a second had GPU, it could be that. It could be the PSU or MB as well. do you have any way to test the GPU in another Machine?

G

No i do not ive tested differ gt 430 on this mobo with different psu

larrym

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Since other components worked, that tells me your MB and PSU are fine. And since the CPU you bought was faulty, and you bought the GPU from the same guy, well it looks like the GPU is bad as well.

larrym

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Yes, It can do all kinds of things. Since your system works with another GPU (GT 430) and not with the GT 9400, and you tried multiple PSU's, then I would say your GPU is at fault.

G

Uk and ordering a cheap psu tomorrow 750w on ebay tomorrow, and 100

larrym

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Don't get a cheap PSU, meaning quality, not price. What is your total budget for a psu and GPU?

The PSU powers your entire system and if it goes, it can take everything with it.

larrym

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Dxad
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Dxad/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Dxad/benchmarks/

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 1GB Video Card (£77.41 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£33.95 @ Aria PC)
Total: £111.36
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-14 20:28 GMT+0000)

This will work great for you.