Sign in with
Your question

Purchasing a computer monitor, any recommendations?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 14, 2013 4:48:28 PM

I have $250 to spend on a computer monitor. Maybe a little more or a little less. My current monitor is a samsung LCD widescreen 19" 40,000:1 contrast ratio.....bought 5 years ago.

I would like a new monitor, LCD widescreen, HDMI with a great contrast ratio. I don't know about 3d i have a 3d graphics card but there is really nothing 3d i need it for......I would also like to hook up my PS3 and direct tv box to it....so it has to look good for those as well. All i see is ASUS, no samsung anymore...??? Also refresh rate has to be 2ms.
February 14, 2013 5:24:30 PM

Refresh rate is important if you notice blur in fast moving images, it depends on the viewer's eyes, i really can't see blur below 8ms pixel response but have found that in games i can notice input lag and it really bugs me in fast action, so i buy less input lag and don't care too much about refresh rate anymore. I'd be going for a 27 incher with 1920x1080 res. Less video card requirements, cheaper, and sharper image with 1080p consoles, let alone the ability to see from a further distance which is always good for the eyes. For the amount you want to pay i'd even consider an entry level IPS panel they'll set you back ~300 though. Check Dell s2740l or AOC i2757fm for cheap good IPS panels, the regular ones cost over 600.

If you truly notice motion blur you should check Samsung SM2233RZ, a 22inch 120hz TN panel panel but tested as the fastest in the market.

BenQ XL2420T is also good but not quite fast as the SM2233RZ; http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2420t.htm
m
l
!