AMD Radeon HD 7750 not displaying

DeadlySyn

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
So after buying all the parts for my first gaming rig, everything was going fine. I installed the cpu, ram etc. Booted up the pc as normal, disabled the onboard graphics and then changed the BIOS settings to initialize the PCIE slot first. After installing the graphics card and booting the computer, it runs normally except the monitor will not display anything, i have tried two different monitors and 2 different types of cables and so far nothing. The fan on the graphics card spins and so does the cpu fan, I have no idea what is going on since this is my first time building a computer from scratch. Any tips or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

System specs:
AMD FX Bulldozer 6100 6 core processor
760g onboard chipset
8gb of ram (not quite sure on the make as it was a while ago i bought them)
Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P ultra durable motherboard
ATX 500w PSU.

Thanks.

DeadlySyn

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

By 'reseat' you man taking it out of the slot, and putting it back in making sure that the card is properly fitted? If so I have tried many times making sure it is properly connected, all though one time it made the monitor go all funny and show a load of red, blue and green lines. Is there anything else I could try? And thank you for the reply.

DeadlySyn

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

Okay thank you for your help, I will try and test it on another computer and see what happens.

DeadlySyn

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

So far I haven't been able to access a different computer, but when using a HDMI cable, about 2-4 minutes after turning the computer on it comes up with signal detected 1280x720. Although it is a black screen and nothing happens after. Does this mean the card isn't defective? Or is it just because of a fault?

DeadlySyn

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

Re-seated the RAM and still the same as last time, although when i swapped the RAM around, instead of staying on 1280x720 for ever, it flickered once and then lost signal. Also, do you think it is possible that windows 8 is not compatible with the GPU?

foarde

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Been having a lot of these problems myself with the Radeon HD 7750. Two quick suggestions:

1) If you're getting graphics output from the BIOS and video card startup, then the card is working. If after that it goes black or kind of a bled-out white, then you have a driver problem. You might even get a loadup screen for Windows 8 and then a blank monitor.

If you're not getting anything right from the start, but the onboard works, it's probably a problem with one of three things: the voltage (power from the power supply), the card (broken), or potentially the BIOS. This card is pretty simple, though, so unless your PCI-E port(s) are busted or you're using a custom BIOS, I'd be surprised if that was a problem.

2) Go in using the onboard graphics and install the right drivers first. I know this is kind of backwards, but surprisingly I've had success with this before when this problem occurs. One caveat: try to install the drivers but NOT Catalyst or any kind of manager. First, you probably won't be able to, since it might not detect the card. Second, it might get confused about your card. Had that happen before too.

Good Luck

DeadlySyn

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

Thank you for your help, the bios never shows up, but like I said, after a while the card gets detected and lingers on a black screen for ever. I will be taking this card down to a computer hardware shop to see if there is anything that can be done to fix it. Again, thanks for the help.