Bootmgr is missing

phoenixsb5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
Hey guys! let's get right down to business!
one of my friends recently bought a Sony VAIO laptop, and actually i don't know what model it is,
and the problem is the when we start the PC it says "Bootmgr is missing" and the bad news is that he doesn't have any restore points so that we could restore the windows again. so, if there is any suggestion about this problem, let me know please, because he is in need of his PC.
thanks.

Solution
Hi

If the Vaio is new it probably has a version of Windows 7

There will be a label on the PC telling you what model the Vaio is
(Sony Vaio's often have 2 different model stickers to confuse you)

It would help if you knew if it was 32bit or 64 bit but most new PC's seem to use 64 bit Windows

You need to borrow a Windows 7 DVD .
Then read up (Google) on how to' fix corrupt boot manager windows 7'
example
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/fixing-bootmgr-is-missing-error-while-trying-to-boot-windows-vista/

The boot manager is usually located on a small hidden partition before your C: drive

so a restore point is unlikely to help

If all else fails recover any critical data before re installing from recovery system
The...
Hi

If the Vaio is new it probably has a version of Windows 7

There will be a label on the PC telling you what model the Vaio is
(Sony Vaio's often have 2 different model stickers to confuse you)

It would help if you knew if it was 32bit or 64 bit but most new PC's seem to use 64 bit Windows

You need to borrow a Windows 7 DVD .
Then read up (Google) on how to' fix corrupt boot manager windows 7'
example
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/fixing-bootmgr-is-missing-error-while-trying-to-boot-windows-vista/

The boot manager is usually located on a small hidden partition before your C: drive

so a restore point is unlikely to help

If all else fails recover any critical data before re installing from recovery system
The recovery system can return the Windows to 'as delivered' state

The user guide telling you how to do this will be on Sony's support site (and probably on your C: drive)

regards
Mike Barnes

Solution

TRENDING THREADS