Can't open Catalyst Control Center

RDub

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Hello, I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB on my laptop, and have not been able to open Catalyst Control Center (I only need it for the overscan options so I can use my external Samsung monitor via HDMI). I thought that the drivers were out of date and used AMD Catalyst software to check. After going through all the steps, I ended up getting BSOD. I rolled back my drivers tried updating through Device Manager to find out that the drivers were already up to date. Does anyone know the cause of this or have any other alternatives? It seems like CCC is the only way to change overscan/underscan settings.

Here is a screenshot of what I see.
Screenshot_0001_zps656ad280.png

Botnus

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2012
You may need to go online and download the latest version of CCC for your video card, uninstall your current version, and then install the new download and try again. Let me know if this works. If not, we'll take it from there.

RDub

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Thanks for the quick response,

Unfortunately, I am still getting the error when opening. I uninstalled CCC through the AMD Catalyst Install Manager, reinstalled the Cataylst software and did a custom installation and only chose to install CCC.

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
What you did was install the wrong version of catalyst. I got this when I accidentally installed the desktop drivers instead of the mobile drivers. Uninstall the drivers you already installed then follow these steps.

Step 0: Go to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Step 1: Select "Notebook Graphics" from the first dropdown.

Step 2: Select "Radeon HD Series" from the second dropdown.

Step 3: Select "Mobility Radeon HD 5xxx Series" from the third dropdown.

Step 4: Select your OS from the 4th dropdown.

Step 5: Click "Display Results"

Step 6: Choose "Catalyst Software Suite"

Step 7: Install and Reboot

RDub

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

What do you mean exactly? The driver is already up to date, and I chose what matched the laptop on AMD's before downloading the AMD Software Suite.

RDub

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

Thanks for the response, but I double checked everything before downloading the second time and no luck. It seems to be a pretty common problem after researching around.