Closed

GPU Backplates

Is there any gpu from amd that comes with a backplate from the factory or would I have to buy one?
9 answers Last reply
More about backplates
  1. The Asus Matrix 7970 comes with a backplate.
  2. Is that the only one you know of? I dont really want to buy the matrix card lol
  3. If you're talking about the backplate that attaches to the back of the case, graphics cards generally come with that, and the ones that are low profile compatible often come with a low profile backplate that you can switch in. If you're talking about a backplate for mounting a waterblock to the gpu, that waterblock should include an appropriate backplate.
  4. BigMack70 said:
    The MSI Lightning 7970, Sapphire Vapor-X Ghz Edition 7970, and PowerColor PCS+ 7970 all have backplates as well. I think the ASUS DCUII card does too but I'm guessing if you don't want the Matrix card you also don't want the DCUII.

The vapor x ghz doesnt have a backplate, I just checked on newegg, and both the cards I looked at neither had backplates :(
  5. I was thinking about getting one of the Sapphire 7970's, but I think ill get the Msi ghz lightning ed.
  6. Thats what im goin to do, tax money should be here soon. Is the lightning a beast? How well does it oc? I was goin to just build a whole new rig and sell this one I have, but the only thing this rig is missing is a strong gpu and I need a cpu cooler.
  7. Best answer selected by zpwslayer.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs AMD Graphics Product