Sign in with
Your question

Update bios asus p5k windows 7 64 bit

Last response: in Windows 7
March 24, 2012 6:30:40 PM

How do you update the BIOs on the asus p5k motherboard running windows 7 64 bit?
a b \ Driver
a b V Motherboard
a b $ Windows 7
March 24, 2012 7:17:01 PM

Hi :) 

BUT.....unless you have a VERY good reason dont do it....

Flashing a bios CAN blow your motherboard.....

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
March 31, 2012 5:38:46 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Thanks - Did it anyway. Lost bootmgr file - Very painful but finally got restored. I appreciate your response.
m
l
June 11, 2012 11:01:51 PM

Hi

I've installed Windows 7 professional 64 bits in a PC with an Asus P5k motherboard.

When I try to switch off the PC the fans don't stop moving and the only way to stop them is pushing the power button of the machine.

Also, when the system gets in suspension state (in this case the fans stop),
the only way to restart windows is doing a reset, pushing the "reset" button.

I'm worried cause this behaviour is quite anormal and I don't want the computer to be damaged.

Is it a question to download some drivers??

Thanks a lot

Jesus
m
l
May 30, 2014 9:15:14 AM

I recently had the same issue wanting to update my Asus P5K Premium BIOS. Eventually I got a proper working MS-DOS 7.1 bootable Live CD and stuck AFU236.EXE and the .rom file on it and succesfully flashed the BIOS. In case anyone out there has the same antique motherboard you can download the ISO at http://dfiles.eu/files/88xrtq1vs :) 

After booting, choose to boot to MS-DOS and type:
C:
CD FLASH
type README.txt

Instructions are simple.
m
l
May 30, 2014 9:21:03 AM

Charlie Root said:
I recently had the same issue wanting to update my Asus P5K Premium BIOS. Eventually I got a proper working MS-DOS 7.1 bootable Live CD and stuck AFU236.EXE and the .rom file on it and succesfully flashed the BIOS. In case anyone out there has the same antique motherboard you can download the ISO at http://dfiles.eu/files/88xrtq1vs :) 

After booting, choose to boot to MS-DOS and type:
C:
CD FLASH
type README.txt

Instructions are simple.

Well, this is a coincidence, this thread is 2 years old and I just looked at it, and you posted this answer 3 mins ago! Wow, amazing. I'm about to buy this board 2nd hand and, although your info is brilliant, can I go off-topic a second while you are there and ask if you have any issues running Win 7 64 bit on this board. Thanks :-)
m
l
August 13, 2014 3:08:24 AM

Brett928S2 said:

Ummmm... Actually no, if it's done right. Also, there is no reason not to update it. :) 
m
l
!