GPU Temp is not displayed anywhere

jgaf151

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Hello guys and gals, I just finished building my first custom PC. Everything is running fine. Except that I'm worried that my GPU's temp is not being displayed in any programs I've tried GPU-Z HWmonitors etc (it just displays as 0 Celsius). My video card is: R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V LK OS: Windows 8 Pro x64

Haven't tried any stress load yet, played like 5 mins of assassins creed 3 and everything seems to run smooth. I'm worried that the fan control won't work correctly since the card isn't displaying temp. Any help is welcome

jgaf151

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
The thing is that the fans on the card wont auto scale up when it needs too, I can only set it on manual. If I set the fans on auto it runs at 100% Don't know whats wrong

jgaf151

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
The fans come preattached to the card, the only connectors it has is the power connectors. The fans do work fine I can scale them manually no problem. The real problem is that afterburner and amd catalyst are unable to read the GPU's temperature, meaning that the fan won't scale up or down when it should. I would have to do it manually, without knowing the real temp.

jgaf151

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013
Yeah I been using it manually for now, but the thing is I'm afraid to play games since I cant tell the temp I dont know if I need to ramp up the fan :S I'm going to try removing the card and putting it on again .

AliG

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
I have the same with a new 7970. I tried various catalyst versions and even new windows install, no luck still 0 degrees and fans at 100% in auto mode. Gpu-z and afterburner also report gpu 0 celsius.

jgaf151

Honorable
Feb 14, 2013

I ended up exchanging it for a sapphire, because Newegg did not have a replacement available. The new one worked wonderfully, so in my case it was a malfunction on the card's sensor. my advice would be to exchange them if you can.