Sign in with
Your question

Did I damage My Graphics Card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 15, 2013 1:54:17 AM

Hello, I had my msi gtx 670 2 GB OC edition for a little while now and i've been using it flawlessly, but over the past couple months I think my card reached 100 degrees!!! about 5 times this occured when I accidently turned my fan down all the way for my mic positively it auto to full fan speed to cool it down. Did i damage my gtx 670 REMEBER this occured 5 times and just not to long ago fan was clogged and restarted is there something wrong???

More about : damage graphics card

a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
February 15, 2013 1:55:54 AM

If it works, probably not.
m
l
February 15, 2013 2:00:41 AM

cookybiscuit said:
If it works, probably not.

Are you Positive? The fan got clogged up and stopped working and the spun back IDK wut happened but im worried that somethings damaged!
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
February 15, 2013 2:07:56 AM

I've got the same card and black screened a few times from forgetting to set the fan back to auto in MSI Afterburner. Still works fine.
m
l
February 15, 2013 2:13:32 AM

cookybiscuit said:
I've got the same card and black screened a few times from forgetting to set the fan back to auto in MSI Afterburner. Still works fine.

Oh yeah!!! I also forgot to tell it green screened black screened and restarted my computer like 7 times * Probably cuz of Overclocking* but do you think i damaged it in an life span standpoint or GPU functionality or do you think its just fine???
m
l
February 15, 2013 2:14:46 AM

Stress test it and if it doesn't shut down/BSOD/XSOD then it's probably fine.
m
l
February 15, 2013 2:19:58 AM

which stress test would you reccomened msi combuster Heaven or 3Dmark?
m
l
!