Windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamDBurns

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
(dont no if this is the right section for this but here goes)

i desperatly need to upgrade my O.S i was thinking of going vista ultimate 64-bit but theres also windows 7 home premium 64-bit but its new so im not sure if it will work wid other games and specific hardware so is it vista or 7 if vista shud i go for another type???

aaronuflaw

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
I agree with yonef.

Why buy Vista Ultimate if a new OS is just around the corner. Effectively, Vista will be old news in six months. Since I have been using the RC, I have had almost no problems with it, and all my games still work. Enjoy your free operating system for about a year and use that money to get better parts for your build. Just my 2 cents.

AdamDBurns

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009

AMD Phenom x4 9950
Asus m3a78-t
Sapphire radeon hd 4870

i wanna upgrade to an Amd phenom2 x4 955 i duno if that changes any thing

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I haven't had problems running any games except Pangya. Pangya initially had problems running on Windows XP back when it first came out. It's a Korean based golf game. I got Pangya working after turning off all the user access control (UAC) settings.

In fact the problem wasn't that it didn't run, it was that other programs in the background wouldn't work correctly. Other than that I have had zero problems with any games I've tried. One game, Tomb Raider: Legend, is a bit buggy when turning on the "Next Gen" graphics mode and crashes on certain levels at certain points. From what I read most people would have their system completely lock up and would have to hit their comp reset button.

I have yet to have a crash that I couldn't get out of by just using ctrl alt del and using the task manager. Windows 7 is VERY stable IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.