Crossfire Sapphire HD7850 OC (2GB) & VTX3D HD7850 (1GB)

s3thg3ck9

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
Hi everybody,

I'd like to know if Crossfire is possible with a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC 2048MB and a VTX3D Radeon HD 7850 X-Edition, 1024 MB. I have the Sapphire since 3 months and I'm totally satisfied. But with the new Never Settle promo I could get the VTX3D for effectiv 30 euros.

So guys, do you know if Crossfire is working and how this is done?

Best,
S3th

s3thg3ck9

Honorable
Feb 15, 2013
Thank you for your answer. Fact is: I've bought it anyway, cause I could re-sell it with profit. What do you mean by "not good"? Question is if i get some improvement out of the constalation and if i'd need something else to get it working (special MoBo)?

:D

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

The thing is, it's much better to have an even number in memory's capacity (2GB, 4GB, 8GB - and so on and on), than to have odd number (1GB, 3GB, 5GB and etc), because it can cause problems with memory addressing in some OSes and cause graphical glitches or errors.
It's a rarely happening thing with modern video cards, but it's still better to use even-numbered memory even today, just to be secure.
And since I personally always prefer stability and longevity to anything else, I don't like "2GB+1GB" or "1GB+4GB" CFX/SLI setups. It's my personal preference, it doesn't mean you have to refuse of such setups just because I said I don't like them. Majority of the time they'll work just fine, without any problems at all.