Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 15, 2013 10:46:09 AM

Hello,
My Pc Specs are:
Intel Core 2 duo
DDR 2
2gb ram(in one slot)
Windows 7 32-bit professional version
i want to buy a graphic card that will enable me to play games like max payne 3 , Cod black cops,far cry 3 etc

i wudnt mind buying a 2 gb ram (for the second slot) if required for the graphic card.

Budget would be approx 7000rs its approx 130$ to 140 $ .. (if 55rupees=1$)

Thankyou.

More about : graphic card buy

a c 178 U Graphics card
February 15, 2013 1:03:27 PM

Best gpu is hd 7750 1gb at rs 7000.it will easily able to play those games at high.you need to buy 2gb ram more as 4gb ram is must for gaming.
a b U Graphics card
February 15, 2013 1:48:02 PM

mhrsolanki2020 said:
i wudnt mind buying a 2 gb ram (for the second slot) if required for the graphic card.

I think you have to, because 2 GB for Windows 7 is not enough, especially since the games you want to play are very demanding.

For instance, for Farcry 3 the minimum is a Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM. But that's the bare minimum requirement, so don't expect to run it on high. They recommend a quad-core with 4 GB and if you want to run everything on max to have an i7 with 8 GB of RAM.

So bottom line don't invest too much on the graphics card because your CPU could be a bottleneck in some games. And I strongly recommend to have at least 4 GB to play modern games.

ASHISH65: It's true that the 7750 is a good bang for the bucks, but don't tell him he will play Farcry 3 on high with this setup unless he has a 1024 x 768 resolution.
Related resources
a c 178 U Graphics card
February 15, 2013 2:07:08 PM

MC_K7 said:
I think you have to, because 2 GB for Windows 7 is not enough, especially since the games you want to play are very demanding.

For instance, for Farcry 3 the minimum is a Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM. But that's the bare minimum requirement, so don't expect to run it on high. They recommend a quad-core with 4 GB and if you want to run everything on max to have an i7 with 8 GB of RAM.

So bottom line don't invest too much on the graphics card because your CPU could be a bottleneck in some games. And I strongly recommend to have at least 4 GB to play modern games.

ASHISH65: It's true that the 7750 is a good bang for the bucks, but don't tell him he will play Farcry 3 on high with this setup unless he has a 1024 x 768 resolution.

i know far cry 3 is demanding i said it on high as he have core 2 cpu so i can assume he will have low res monitor and by the way hd 7750 will handle far cry 3 upto 1366*768 at high/ if you turn off the AA and vsync.i am running at 45fps-50fps at high at 768res.
February 16, 2013 5:10:14 AM

So what should i do ??
Buy a 2gb ram and a 2gb graphic card?

I have Generic Non-PnP Monitor with 1024 x 768 resolution.
and whats AA and vsync?

N i dun mind if i dun keep the graphics at very high. The medium one would work too.

Cuz i cannot afford buying a new mother board and then new rams and processors for the new mobo + new copy of windows .
February 16, 2013 5:19:42 AM

at that res, 7770 will be enough. 1GB of RAM on the graphics card would be enough although you might need some more RAM on your actually PC
!