Uploading a .mid file to my phone

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

Hi,

I'm a composer of music for film and video. I use midi sequencing
pretty extensively in my work. I recently upgraded my ancient cell
phone to a Nokia 3595, and noticed it uses midi files for the
various ring tone choices, Naturally, pride won't let me rest until
I compose my own ring tone.

My question: Once I compose this manificent opus, how do I get it
from my computer to my phone? I've been through Nokia's site as well
as my service provider's (AT&T) - there's plenty of info about where
to get pre-fab tones, but I can' find any way to send my own file.

Thanks for any help...
5 answers Last reply
More about uploading file phone
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    I do the same thing.
    You need the data cable, a DKU-5 for my Nokia 6100, but may be different for
    yours. Ebay is good for cables.
    Oh, and keep the Midi file to under 20k, it won't 'load' if it's too big,
    and check how many tracks you can use, my 6100 only has 4 track polyphony.

    Andy.

    "Robb Scott" <robbscott@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm a composer of music for film and video. I use midi sequencing
    > pretty extensively in my work. I recently upgraded my ancient cell
    > phone to a Nokia 3595, and noticed it uses midi files for the
    > various ring tone choices, Naturally, pride won't let me rest until
    > I compose my own ring tone.
    >
    > My question: Once I compose this manificent opus, how do I get it
    > from my computer to my phone? I've been through Nokia's site as well
    > as my service provider's (AT&T) - there's plenty of info about where
    > to get pre-fab tones, but I can' find any way to send my own file.
    >
    > Thanks for any help...
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    You can also download them from a wap site also.

    "Andrew" <fatty@fat.fat> wrote in message
    >I do the same thing.
    > You need the data cable, a DKU-5 for my Nokia 6100, but may be different
    > for
    > yours. Ebay is good for cables.
    > Oh, and keep the Midi file to under 20k, it won't 'load' if it's too big,
    > and check how many tracks you can use, my 6100 only has 4 track polyphony.
    >
    > Andy.
    >

    > "Robb Scott" <robbscott@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm a composer of music for film and video. I use midi sequencing
    >> pretty extensively in my work. I recently upgraded my ancient cell
    >> phone to a Nokia 3595, and noticed it uses midi files for the
    >> various ring tone choices, Naturally, pride won't let me rest until
    >> I compose my own ring tone.
    >>
    >> My question: Once I compose this manificent opus, how do I get it
    >> from my computer to my phone? I've been through Nokia's site as well
    >> as my service provider's (AT&T) - there's plenty of info about where
    >> to get pre-fab tones, but I can' find any way to send my own file.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help...

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    I recently changed to a Nokia 6010 phone and (like others!) would love
    to get a "regular old" RING RING for the phone. I thought I had heard
    that they can be sent by SMS - is that true? And if I need a data
    cable, what software do I need to transfer the midi file, assuming I
    can find one!

    Also, is there a program / method to store the contacts folder on your
    computer so that it can be maintained safe and updated more quickly?

    Thanks for any help!

    Steve

    "Mobileforums" <mickerobb@icqmail.com> wrote in message news:<412d8a63@news.comindico.com.au>...
    > You can also download them from a wap site also.
    >
    > "Andrew" <fatty@fat.fat> wrote in message
    > >I do the same thing.
    > > You need the data cable, a DKU-5 for my Nokia 6100, but may be different
    > > for
    > > yours. Ebay is good for cables.
    > > Oh, and keep the Midi file to under 20k, it won't 'load' if it's too big,
    > > and check how many tracks you can use, my 6100 only has 4 track polyphony.
    > >
    > > Andy.
    > >

    > > "Robb Scott" <robbscott@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I'm a composer of music for film and video. I use midi sequencing
    > >> pretty extensively in my work. I recently upgraded my ancient cell
    > >> phone to a Nokia 3595, and noticed it uses midi files for the
    > >> various ring tone choices, Naturally, pride won't let me rest until
    > >> I compose my own ring tone.
    > >>
    > >> My question: Once I compose this manificent opus, how do I get it
    > >> from my computer to my phone? I've been through Nokia's site as well
    > >> as my service provider's (AT&T) - there's plenty of info about where
    > >> to get pre-fab tones, but I can' find any way to send my own file.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for any help...

  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    hey goto newtonez.com they let you use wap download free upload your own files
    and download it and you can share those with other users also pretty cool check
    it.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones (More info?)

    Goto my wap site http://www.mobileforums.org/wap/index.php

    "il thug li" <ilthugli@aol.com> wrote in message
    > hey goto newtonez.com they let you use wap download free upload your own
    > files
    > and download it and you can share those with other users also pretty cool
    > check
    > it.

Nokia Ringtone Phones Nokia