Asus P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77
Corsair CPU Cooler CWCH60
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz
ASUS GTX 660 Ti Series Graphics Card Overclocked Edition
SanDisk Extreme SSD 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s2.5

Thankful1

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

I hit the wrong button before I stated my problem. All has worked well with my build. I decided to go SLI so I bought an identical card and when I physically installed it, my computer won't start. Nothing. It is and was well seated. When I remove it the computer starts and operates properly. I am about to swap out the original gpu for this one just to confirm it works. I have just completed that swap and the new card woks fine in the number 1 PCIEX16 slot. I appreciate any advice with this issue. I may have to send it back and time is a factor. Many thanks in advance to all who try to help me out.

Thankful1

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

Thankful1

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

When I was installing the mobo drivers I had trouble with the chipset drivers. I had forgotten that. I will persue the mobo angle. I am pretty sure after cogitating on it this is where the problem lies. Thanks I will update this.

Thankful1

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

It turned out to be a variable that I had not mentioned. I bought some pci-e 6 pin extensions. They turned out to be the issue. I still don't know why but when I just used the Seasonic cables without the extensions, everything worked. I am still esending the card back because of stutter. I am new to all of this but between tearing(half of the time I use vsync), and now the stuttering I am just going to stick with one GPU card. It's a decent card. Thansk for the input.

Thankful1

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

Thanks for the heads-up on the adaptive vsync! After I read your remark I researched what it is and if only finding the setting in nvidia's control panel was as easy to find as info pertaining to it on the net. I finally found a comment in a forum that mentioned it was a Global setting and the place where it is set is very obscure and does not even appear at first look to be adjustable. I got a dropdown with the adaptive option. Again thanks bigtime for the info! This is why Tom's Hardware is an invaluable resource.

TRENDING THREADS