Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ASUS 660 TI

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 15, 2013 3:44:32 PM

Hi all,

I am in the market for a new graphics card. So far I narrowed it down to the ASUS (GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5). Its the cheapest of the 660Ti's I can find in my area. ($259.88).

Most reviews and benchmarks I have found seem to deal with the ASUS (GTX660 TI-DC2T-2GD5)... The Top edition. I cant even seem to find that one anywhere. There is the (GTX660 TI-DC2T-2GD5) which is the overclocked edition and that one is about $30 more.

Is there any difference between the cards minus the fact that the Top edition and overclocked edition have higher clock speeds ? Will I get the same results if I just overclock the non Top non OC'ed version myself ?

More about : asus 660

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
February 17, 2013 4:36:35 PM

Not really. The TOP ones are just ones that have a greater chance of overclocking higher, its still all down to luck. Either way the Asus cooler is pretty much the best, so quiet.
a c 416 Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 624 U Graphics card
February 17, 2013 4:39:54 PM

Yep they should be very much the same, with the potential that the TOP uses higher binned chips (although that's not a guarantee that the regular version uses inferior chips). Save some money and overclock the regular version. Either way, you still get that great DirectCU cooler.
m
l
February 18, 2013 7:26:38 PM

Best answer selected by megaxyu.
m
l
!