ASUS 660 TI

megaxyu

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hi all,

I am in the market for a new graphics card. So far I narrowed it down to the ASUS (GTX660 TI-DC2-2GD5). Its the cheapest of the 660Ti's I can find in my area. ($259.88).

Most reviews and benchmarks I have found seem to deal with the ASUS (GTX660 TI-DC2T-2GD5)... The Top edition. I cant even seem to find that one anywhere. There is the (GTX660 TI-DC2T-2GD5) which is the overclocked edition and that one is about $30 more.

Is there any difference between the cards minus the fact that the Top edition and overclocked edition have higher clock speeds ? Will I get the same results if I just overclock the non Top non OC'ed version myself ?

Solution
Not really. The TOP ones are just ones that have a greater chance of overclocking higher, its still all down to luck. Either way the Asus cooler is pretty much the best, so quiet.
Yep they should be very much the same, with the potential that the TOP uses higher binned chips (although that's not a guarantee that the regular version uses inferior chips). Save some money and overclock the regular version. Either way, you still get that great DirectCU cooler.