Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Very Important and Need help quick!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 15, 2013 8:23:28 PM

So, I am here at my Dad's office, and I just installed a Radeon 5450 in his computer. The card is capable of eyefinity, but all I want is an extended desktop not eyefinity. Basically here is my problem, we are running Windows XP, and I can only get two monitors to work. I searched a lot, and I want to avoid getting another card, so, what are my solutions? Here is waht i have to work with: A HIS 5450 AMD card, Intel i3 2100 with integrated graphics. If there was just a way to enable the integrated graphics as a new card, I could run three monitors. I can't find the Intel Integrated Graphics anymore, and the Catalyst program doesn't have an option to enable the graphics. PLEASE HELP, this is important...

More about : important quick

a c 134 U Graphics card
February 15, 2013 8:36:39 PM

Firstly do all of the monitors work at the moment have you checked them? Also, I'm not sure how many monitors you are limited to through windows screen resolution changes but that may be an issue as well. With 3 monitors through eyefinity you need a display port as one of your monitors to pull it off.
m
l
February 15, 2013 8:40:25 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Firstly do all of the monitors work at the moment have you checked them? Also, I'm not sure how many monitors you are limited to through windows screen resolution changes but that may be an issue as well. With 3 monitors through eyefinity you need a display port as one of your monitors to pull it off.

All monitors are confirmed working, and yes, I have one connected Display Port to DVI adapter, and then to the DVI port into the monitor. I do not want to game, just an extended desktop. Catalyst program recognized all three monitors, but won't allow me to use them.
m
l
Related resources
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 15, 2013 8:41:54 PM

If you are just doing computer related items why not enable eyefinity and see if you get access to all 3 screens.
m
l
February 15, 2013 8:44:12 PM

bigshootr8 said:
If you are just doing computer related items why not enable eyefinity and see if you get access to all 3 screens.

Eyefinity is not an option, it is simply a setting which says extend desktop through two monitors. This works for me, but only through two monitors.
m
l
February 15, 2013 8:50:46 PM

Everybody, I can get any two monitors working, extended, and any setting possibly know, but not all three at the same time. I read that Win XP does not support three monitors on one card. Technically though, I have two cards, integrated graphics on the CPU and the 5450. So, all I want is to get them working at the same time. When i plug in the 5450, the onboard graphics are disabled. is there anyway to enable both things at the same time? Also, currently, I have 5 ports Onboard: DVI and VGA.... 5450: DVI, VGA, and Display port.
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 15, 2013 9:07:52 PM

The only way to get them to work at the same time is if your motherboard has a priority system I believe. I'll link a video for you.

m
l
February 15, 2013 9:11:53 PM

Hi, I got my answer on reddit, and it was just like I thought. Windows XP only supports 2 monitors on one card (which is really stupid.) Anyway, when I plugged in the AMD card, it disabled the onboard graphics. So, on another thread, somebody said that to enable the onbaord graphics no matter what, I had to go to the bios, so I do, and there is an option set to AUTO, which i changed to ENABLE. So, now one monitor is running on Integrated Graphics and the other two are on the card.
m
l

Best solution

a c 134 U Graphics card
February 15, 2013 9:14:30 PM

I had a feeling it was windows related.
February 15, 2013 9:16:49 PM

Best answer selected by pizza5647.
m
l
February 15, 2013 9:17:35 PM

bigshootr8 said:
I had a feeling it was windows related.

Thank you very much for the help, I can tell you tried by searching for that video! Thanks man/woman.
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 15, 2013 9:19:26 PM

Well I had known you can combine onboard and dedicated graphics but its a very complicated issue. I'm glad your issue got sorted out. I would of been confused as you are. But again you should move up to windows 7 man :p 
m
l
February 15, 2013 10:44:04 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Well I had known you can combine onboard and dedicated graphics but its a very complicated issue. I'm glad your issue got sorted out. I would of been confused as you are. But again you should move up to windows 7 man :p 

We have a newtwork at our office, and all of the computers are running Windows XP, so it is a bit of a challenge we may face a little later. Thanks again though!
m
l
February 15, 2013 10:44:36 PM

bigshootr8 said:

We have a newtwork at our office, and all of the computers are running Windows XP, so it is a bit of a challenge we may face a little later. Thanks again though!
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
February 15, 2013 10:46:29 PM

Oh no problem yea switching platforms can be a issue on a large scale take care.
m
l
!